Leidos is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Cloud/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure.
This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
- Lead a team of engineers on projects, ensuring everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical solution/implementation.
- Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
- Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
- Requires a Bachelor and 12 years + of relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of relevant experience preferred or 16+ years relevant career experience in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI w/Poly is required
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on dynamic routing protocols, such as, BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels, MPLS, VPLS and Remote Site and Site-to-Site VPNs. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge in network dev-ops utilizing python, API’s, network automation, Netconf, restconf, netmiko, yaml, jinja2
- Experience in AWS, Asure, Cloud network engineering, and datacenter technologies using nexus platforms.
- Engineering Voice/Video solutions witch Cisco Call Manager, CMS, VTC’s, VoIP.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, such as, SYSLOG, SNMP, What’s Up Gold, Solarwinds, ISE, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, Nex Gen Firewalls, ESXi, VMware.
- Utilizing Juniper SRX equipment and Palo-Alto Firewalls to engineer boundary protection mechanisms.
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACS, PKI, firewall policies, DNS, Active Directory, and 802.1x
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.