Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do …is what matters.
Leidos is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to be part of a dynamic team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of network infrastructure. Network engineers are responsible for designing, development, innovations and configure unique networks. This position will require the skillset and experience using free thinking and independent judgement to provide solutions. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, and support problem resolution. The candidate will design, install, configure and support the LAN/WAN and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users. The candidate will perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. The candidate will support the design, design documentation, factory testing and network integration of IP/MPLS based LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
Additional tasks can include:
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Participating in the development of new network designs
- Assessing network management architecture and document the architecture
- Utilizing of various data sources to fully understand the issues and inform the solution,
- Possess strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage unique inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and provide solutions requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier-3 and Tier-4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Ability to satisfy a government-administered high-risk role screening
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and firewalls (ISR/ASR series, Cat-93xx, 38xx, etc, and ASAs/Nex-Gen)
- Knowledge of configuring Juniper firewalls (SRX) to establish security boundary protection via firewall policies
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting IPSec VPN tunnels (site-to-site) on Cisco and/or Juniper platforms
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge of configuring VLANs, 802.1q trunking, Rapid Spanning-tree (RSTP), BPDU guard
- Familiarity of Cloud-based environments and vendors such as AWS (EC2, VPC), Azure (Resource groups), and/or Google (VPC networks)
- Familiarity of data center infrastructure and technologies using and experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, Solarwinds, etc.
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACS, ISE, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Knowledge of programming COMSEC devices (ie. KG-175A/G/F)
- Experience with engineering/architecting secured enterprise telecommunication solutions
- Experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- CCNA or JNCIA certification
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience supporting high performance computing environments.
- Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Pay Range $131,300.00 – $237,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.