Network Engineer III
The job of the Network Engineer is to assist with installation actions and support the daily operations and upgrades of government local and wide-area networks. This will include rack up/system installation and configuration of equipment for operations centers.
- Coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance.
- Plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, throughput).
- Prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- Troubleshoot Network problems and resolve as appropriate.
- Maintain and configure local area networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Bachelors Degree in an IT field and 5 years experience, Associates Degree and 8 + years of experience, a Masters Degree and 2 years experience, or at least 10 years Network Engineering/Administration experience. Years of experience must be in Network Engineering/Administration or similar field.
- Candidate must be familiar with Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, long haul communication transport, and network test equipment.
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal oversight to successfully execute requirements.
- Must be able to troubleshoot networking problems independently to resolution.
- Must have experience in administering and troubleshooting large scale business networks; also experience involving enterprise network systems.
- Must be a Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent and experience with Juniper networks.
- Must have experience with Cisco networking equipment and firewalls.
- Must have or be able to obtain the CompTIA security+ or equivalent certification within 6 months of hire and maintain throughout employment.
- Must have experience using Solarwinds or equivalent network monitoring tool.
- Must have at least 3 years hands-on experience working with the Juniper or Cisco network firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Under minimal contractor supervision, must be able to modify/maintain complex existing networking configurations using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debug, and document any changes to the configuration.
- Must have solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and correcting operational issues affecting large telecommunications networks.
- Requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities.
- Must be U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Must be able to pass a background check and qualify for a Federal Position of Trust.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills are mandatory.
- Prior federal contracting experience.
- Cisco classes or certification(s), CCNP Certification a plus.
- Familiarity with these technologies:
- Analog Telecommunications (POTS Lines)
- Audio Encoding over IP
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Cisco Command line
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Cisco Aggregation Services Routers (ASR)
- Cisco Catalyst
- Cisco Firewall Management Center (FMC) Management
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
- Cisco Optical Networking Services (ONS)
- Cisco Nexus
- Coding Language to Script Automation (Such as Python)
- Command line and GUI experience with network firewalls, switches, and routers
- Data Center Cabling
- Dark Fiber
- Diagramming applications (such as Visio)
- Enterprise Routing/Switching
- Firewall Management
- Juniper Command Line
- Juniper Technologies
- LAN Architecture
- LTE Routing Technology
- Network Architecture & Design
- Network Monitoring
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- Network Troubleshooting
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol
- Out of Band Management
- Satellite Modulation/Demodulation
- Technical Communication
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Technologies
- Wide Area Network (WAN) Routing and Architecture
- Wireless Networking
- College Park, Maryland
- Boulder, Colorado
Pay Range $78,000.00 – $120,000.00 – $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.