SJS Executives is currently looking for a talented Smart Grid Specialist to join our team. Our ideal candidates serves as the Smart Grid Specialist for Industrial Control Systems (ICS)/Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) projects. Smart Grid is a “system of systems” that integrates Industrial Control Systems (ICS) with Building and Utility Control Systems, including Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), to achieve Navy and Marine Corps Smart Grid goals.
This position is in the Public Works Business Line, Utilities and Energy Management, Facilities Energy and Operations Center (FEOC) at Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Mid Atlantic. The incumbent will provide software configuration, data mapping and data analysis for utility and energy systems, including operational monitoring and control system, energy management systems, AMI meters, and select business systems.
Network Engineer – Smart Grid Responsibilities
- Leads onboarding or inclusion of existing or new building controls into the Smart Grid at the supervisory
control level by configuring the ICS within the Smart Grid software.
- Works with the FEOC ICS Operator to programs rule sets, allowable deviation and schedules.
- Program sequence of operations for each ICS, including for building controls in response to cyberattack.
- Program or reprograms ICS as needed to meet energy efficient sequences of operation and alarm
- Provides programming support to building onboarding analysis.
- Works with the FEOC Cyber and Application Support Lead, contractor personnel or the Smart Grid vendor
to ensure all patches and updates are installed.
- Develops and compares alternative operations, configurations or designs.
- Identifies signals from the various ancillary equipment’s impact on operations.
- Validates that all points, signals and database elements are properly configured.
- Develop and compare alternative operations to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs.
- Tracks onboarding of ICS.
- Coordinate, or be directly responsible for, creating the following operational precondition events and actions on how the FEOC communication capabilities and operational processes will be used given a specific event or change in operational conditions: Operational Alarms and Energy Efficiency Identification, Power Outage and Restoration, Water, Wastewater and Steam Alarm, Cyber Event – Control System (CS) Interference
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Smart Grid software and all UCS aspects of that software.
- Standardized sequences which utilize a plug-and play approach, allowing easy incorporation of new code sequences into a well-defined Smart Grid.
- Of all security and IA requirements promulgated by the command security manual and all other applicable security requirements/procedures
- Reports directly to the FEOC Manager.
- Delegated authority to independently coordinate monitoring, analysis, and reporting of FEOC facility, utility, and emergency alarm efficiency.
- Keeps the FEOC Manager and other applicable senior-level stakeholders apprised of potentially controversial matters that may significantly impact FEOC operations.
- Actions, decisions, and recommendations are reviewed for feasibility, and compat ibility with other Navy Region programs and accomplishment of overall program goals and objectives as established by the FEOC Management.
- Independently plans and carries out assignments, briefs the chain of command and exchanges technical guidance and advice with counterparts and other specialists on analysis activities related to facilities, utilities, and emergency alarm systems.
- Instructions and assignments are oral and written.
- Conducts day-to-day operations mostly independently once clear objectives and methodologies are explained by the supervisor or other senior management officials.
- Completed work is reviewed for the adequacy of coverage, soundness of judgment, and adherence to policy and guidance.
- Responsible for supporting other FEOC personnel and more junior staff with their roles and responsibilities in a manner that promotes energy management
- Assesses unusual conditions; varies approach to assignments
- Decides how to perform assignments based on incomplete or conflicting data.
- Applies seasoned judgment and skill to interpret considerable data or modify methods and techniques used to perform assignments such as processing work orders for repair or replacement of equipment, supplies, or parts of facilities due to aging, change in usage, unanticipated damage; or modernization.
- Experience in written and oral communication, including the ability to interact with all levels of personnel is required.
Netowrk Engineer – Smart Grid Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Valid state driver’s license and,
- SECRET Clearance – Required – Employee is required to maintain eligibility for a SECRET clearance.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.