Leidos is seeking a Network Security Engineer to support our DISA customer at Fort Meade, MD. This position requires an active United States DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance to qualify.
Primary work scope will involve managing hardware and software configurations such as routers, servers and switches; applying system configurations and updates; providing hands on experience configuring, deploying, and managing mission critical network appliances such as routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DPI, etc. The Network Engineer will provide specialized engineering, test, and evaluation assistance and develop associated documentation as necessary to conduct continuing end-to-end technical assessments of SLC3S communication systems which support NLCC mission areas including but not limited to ground fixed, ground mobile, airborne and maritime with secure and non-secure voice, data and video communications services. Work will be performed at the DISA Ft Meade, MD location; Part-time remote work also possible.
As Network Security Engineer, you will assist the customer to operate and maintain a lab that consists of procured communications equipment and link simulator equipment that allows simulation of several of the Senior Leader communications configurations. The lab is not a fixed configuration. In this role, you will:
- Reconfigure the equipment in the lab, as required, to create the desired simulation of a Senior Leader communications link.
- Develop customized procedures then will assist in conducting training of the assessment procedures in the test lab, and conduct demonstrations to inform external participants of the required sequence of events during the actual assessments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must hold a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years or more of specialized Information Assurance/INFOSEC, Operations, Computer and Network Security experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold and maintain an active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance
- Hands on experience with IT architecture and design (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, LAN/WAN design, and/or general internetworking technologies).
- Experience with administering Windows and Linux (RHEL) operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) configuration, and setting AD servers and their domain controllers.
- Experience with ISIS protocols; ability to configure VPN tunnels with IPSEC.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, Python.
- Ability to test HTTP/FTP performances with scripts and Fluke devices.
- Configure FTP and Web servers.
Preferred relevant Certifications: DOD 8570 IAT III (CISSP, CASP, CISA, GCIH or similar)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.