GovCIO is currently hiring for a Network/Systems Architect to maintain detailed documentation of the network infrastructure, manage device inventory, keep abreast of new and emerging technology to meet ever changing network demands. This position will be located in San Antonio, TX and will be flexible for occasional remote work position.
The Network/Systems Architect’s role involves network design, modeling, security and documentation. They will also participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Network/Systems Architect will be the lead point of contact with all network software and hardware upgrades. They must be able to work in collaboration with the other network staff to resolve any information security issues in a timely manner. The Network/Systems Architect will maintain detailed documentation of the network infrastructure, manage device inventory, keep abreast of new and emerging technology to meet ever changing network demands. Apart from these, the other responsibilities include:
- Design, configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Manage technology vendors
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents
- Solve complex problems with many variables
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate
- Ability to work with the customer
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
High School with 6 – 9 years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI
- Providing engineering support to enterprise networks
- System design and development
- Building OV-1 and/or SV-1
- Network security experience
- LAN and WAN experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II (Sec+CE, SSCP, CND, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Experience with DoD deployed communications
- Experience with DoD NIPR, SIPR and JWICS Networks
- Experience managing and supporting complex design and/or deployment opportunities
- Experience providing representation in technical discussions and forward planning sessions with customer
- Briefing network architecture to chain of command
- Documenting network infrastructure details
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things – for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range: USD $115,000.00 – USD $135,000.00 /Yr.