At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Be a part of our mission! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Our Thermo King business is connecting our transport HVAC and refrigeration products and providing digital solutions to help our customers efficiently protect drivers, passengers, and cargo. Using our connected solutions, our customers reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions, and downtime while increasing the comfort and safety of passengers and shelf life of cargo, including essential cargo like food and pharmaceuticals.
This New Product Development Senior Systems Engineer will provide global system engineering leadership on system controller developments of transport refrigeration units and auxiliary power units. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the development team has clear requirements and provide oversight on the development specifications we provide to our global development teams. A successful candidate will also collaborate with the product and platform management group, software and hardware teams as well as third parties to define and deliver product developments.
The ideal Senior Systems Engineer candidate will take an active role in the product development process to ensure successful performance and quality of products for our customers and will have experience working in a technical development environment with both Phase Gate and Agile development methodologies. The candidate must have demonstrated ability to actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources and successfully translate these requirements into cohesive specifications.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Provide global control system engineering support of transport refrigeration units and auxiliary power units.
- Coordinates internal and external efforts for electronics and software design projects to ensure that product and customer requirements are captured, specifications are documented, necessary milestones are identified and project schedules are met.
- Partner with product management, project management and platform teams to ensure that new products perform as required.
- Develop and improve information communication process flow and tools throughout the new product development process.
- Lead the assurance that technical performance meets system platform requirements.
- Develop cross-functional leadership and beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead lifecycle projects as required to update product performance.
- Conduct feasibility studies and ideation events with cross-functional teams for refrigeration technology
- Identify new technologies and products that can be applied to refrigeration systems
- Maintain develop product development tools to improve development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Work closely with development teams to ensure development integrates key FMEA and Design for Service and Testability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or similar discipline) and at least 2 years of new product development experience is preferred.
- Systems Engineering experience preferred.
- An understanding of refrigeration, transportation, off-road agricultural, construction or HVAC equipment is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will be motivational thought leaders, driven individuals, and possess exceptional business acumen, coupled with strong working knowledge of hardware and software controller implementations.
- Hands-on experience with the embedded controller development lifecycle i.e. requirements, design, implementation, integration testing, deployment and post production support is a plus.
- Ability to quickly prioritize issues/requests and be capable of personally diving deep when required to deliver solutions within an accelerated timeframe.
- Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening and informing. Can communicate up, down and across the organization.
- Works in a collaborative fashion, elevates team results over individual results.
- Experience with designing and supporting controller solutions.
- Experience with Agile in a product development culture and practices.
- Experience working with offshore development groups.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.