Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
The United States Department of Commerce’s (DOC) National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) is the President's principal adviser on telecommunications and information policy issues. NTIA manages the Federal use of the electromagnetic (EM) spectrum; and performs cutting-edge telecommunications research and engineering, including resolving technical telecommunications issues for the Federal Government and private sector.
NTIA’s Office of Spectrum Management (OSM) manages the EM spectrum for the Federal government in the U.S. and its territories. OSM uses multiple national security systems and unclassified systems to assign frequencies; maintain spectrum use databases; review Federal agencies' new telecommunications systems and certify the availability of spectrum; and provide the technical engineering capabilities needed to perform spectrum resources assessments.
NTIA and federal agencies to include the Department of Defense (DoD), use the antiquated Equipment Location- Certification Information Database (EL-CID) Desktop application as an automated tool to support electronic preparation of spectrum certification requests. NTIA is in process of replacing the antiquated, MS Access/Visual Basic EL-CID Desktop application with EL-CID Online. The first objective of this task order is to complete the EL-CID Online web application to allow NTIA to retire the desktop application. Follow-on task orders will address additional functionality and interfaces to other systems.
The qualified candidate will provide Oracle 12c database application support and system administration support for both the software development and maintenance areas of the project. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with an Oracle XML database. The candidate will also serve as the backup for the system administrator half the time. The candidate must be willing and able to learn some system administration tasks to perform the backup duties. The candidate is expected to perform database administration activities such as tuning, creating and modifying tables, and performing backups. In addition, as a member of the agile team, the candidate will participate in the architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment of the system and is expected to assist the development team by creating and updating a few stored procedures, triggers and the like. The candidate will also need to review and either update or create scripts for installing the database from scratch as well as installing sprint changes. The candidate must also create and maintain a database design document, this will involve generating and maintaining an ERD diagram. The EL-CID Online application uses XML extensively. The system uses Google Web Toolkit (GWT) for the user interface, Altova Stylevision to create PDFs, Bizflow for workflow, WorldWind and Bing Tile server for maps, and Oracle XML for the database in a Windows virtualized environment.
For the EL-CD Online system to operate in a production environment, the system needs to obtain an Authority to Operate (ATO). The qualified candidate will need to assist with reviewing and generating technical documentation for the EL-CID Online System to be submitted to the government’s Information Assurance (IA) team as a part of the Authority to Operate (ATO) package.
Job location is both remote and on-site. The candidate must be on-site at least 2 or 3 days a week to support the high side environments. The on-site location is the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W, Washington, DC. 20230.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding and administration of Oracle 12c XML database. Administration will be on several low and high side environments: development, Test, Pre-Production, and Production.
- Work closely with development team to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Create or update stored procedures, triggers, and other DML/DDL.
- Update or replace existing database installation scripts.
- Perform database installations and upgrades. Include ability to rollback.
- Generate an ERD diagram for existing database.
- Create and maintain a database design document, including a data dictionary.
- Determine storage requirements and perform capacity planning.
- Tune database for optimal performance.
- Assist system administrator install Oracle patches.
- Assist with failover activities for both the low and high side.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Understand production environments including security hardening, performance tuning, and access control.
- In the role of backup for the system administrator, learn the tasks that need to be performed and perform them without the assistance of the system administrator (system administrator may not be reachable). These tasks will include tasks such as bringing up servers that are down, granting users access and permissions, reading logs for debugging issues, and opening trouble tickets. The system administrator will teach the candidate these tasks.
- Participate in special projects as required such as upgrading Bizflow workflow.
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
- 4+ years DBA experience with Oracle 12c XML database
- 4+ years experience with XSD, XSLT, XML
- 4+ years experience writing Stored Procedures and SQL, including optimizing CRUD performance.
- 4+ years experience conducting performance measurements and determining options for increasing efficiency.
- 4+ years performing restorations and backups.
- 4+ years experience writing technical documentation
- Ability to learn simple system administration tasks.
- Knowledge of SubVersion, GIT, or Team Foundation Server (TFS) version control system a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence a plus.
- Secret clearance required to start.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.