The Plant Engineer is responsible for overseeing/maintaining maintenance and engineering functions for a single manufacturing facility. The Plant Engineer is responsible for all aspects of capital and maintenance budgets for the facility including but not limited to the following: Capex budgeting and management; development of long term Capex budgeting; monthly reporting for Capex spend; monthly review of maintenance and facility spend; equipment improvements, equipment reliability; supporting and driving productivity improvements, managing and staffing of the Maintenance department; and energy management.
* Manages a staff a staff of 7 employees, sets direction and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating
* Schedule maintenance activities on daily/weekly/monthly basis
* Develop and manage Capex Programs and report monthly on Capex spend
* Manage and control the Plant maintenance budget and report monthly on spend
* Maintain Capital Assets
* Track plant equipment reliability programs
* Support, develop and drive productivity improvements
* Implement and drive maintenance skills program
* Manage and control plant energy programs
* Ensure environmental and safety compliance for the facility
* Diagnose and solve complex problems
* Work and partner with Plant Leadership team to achieve business goals
What You Bring to the Team
* Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing/project engineering experience and 2 years of work experience in a maintenance/engineering leadership role
* Working knowledge/understanding of SAP Plant Maintenance Module, SAP Project Systems Module, and SAP Procure to Pay Module
* Thorough knowledge of environmental and safety Local/State/Federal rules/regulations
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to an including 25 pounds
* Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc
* Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.