Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Press Support Kitting
The Kitting associate will gather, kit and stage all components required for
upcoming production orders to be set-up on press, assisting Operators during changeovers of product lines. Participate in continuous improvement analyses and conversations as held by the facility production leaders.
C Shift: 5am – 5pm, Thursday – Saturday and every other Sunday
Role and Responsibilities:
Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
Meet attendance & production standards & follow all WSPG policies and procedures.
Maintain communication at all times with production team.
Able to learn inventory processes and press terminology.
Able to learn company specialized computer software and perform tasks within the system
Able to accurately prepare a kit for each upcoming production job.
Able to follow the press schedule and stage the next job for press per workorder and SOP
Assist with changeover activities, including wash-up and set-up
Appropriately disassemble kits and return cleaned and/or unused items to designated storage locations.
Act as a resource for pressroom production to reduce downtime and improve productivity.
Monitor inventory levels of auxiliary supplies at press and replace as needed.
Monitor scrap/waste containers and replace as needed.
Match, mix, and prepare color to customer supplied samples or Pantone color guides.
Communicate concerns, issues and status of specific production orders with co-workers and
supervisors. Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards. Participate in process improvement initiatives.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree
(GED) or equivalent. 1 – 2 year degree in printing-related field preferred.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and
comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management, and peers.
- Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
- Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe work environment with a focus on 6S and Lean practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
- Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting.
- May be on feet up to 12 hours a day with need to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, stoop, bend, climb, as needed. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area. Frequently required to walk and lift and/or repetitively move up to 40 lbs . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to adjust focus, ability to
distinguish color variations and peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules
and hours as needed.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.