At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Principal level Engineer that will perform design, calculations, inspections, and training for Transmission and Distribution substation fire protection. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize prior experience with utility fire protection to provide engineering direction and decision making to internal and external parties involved in T&D Substation projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will manage a host of fire protection programs being implemented within the T&S organization.
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Acts as recognized technical authority in a specialized engineering area.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
– Performs consultation and training on highly complex and unique technical areas requiring the application of advanced engineering principles.
– Evaluates complex technical issues that require highly specialized knowledge in very specific areas and recommends actions or programs for their resolution.
– Leads the implementation of large specialized technical projects and/or teams in order to develop studies, proposals and designs while considering cost effectiveness.
– Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in area of company interest.
– Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
– Acts as an expert witness and provide expert opinions for regulatory and/or legal proceedings.
– Master of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (1)
– Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
– Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
– Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
– Ten years or more of experience in specific areas of engineering and recognized industry expert (Requirement reduced by one year for Licensed Professional Engineer)
– Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles.
– Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various installation types of services.
– Industry expert who participates or leads industry committee or working groups or has published technical documents
– Note: there are a limited number of personnel available in the industry with the required knowledge, ability and experience.
-(1) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing
– Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.