As a Systems ETL (extract, transform, load) Analyst you will be responsible for loading claims systems, prior authorization system, oracle database, extracting information from multiple systems to provide external stakeholders with data to support continuity of healthcare. In this role, you should have a strong background in data analysis from multiple disparate systems, tools and methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Cloud, Informatica, Oracle, SQL Server, and UNIX Scripting, and be an excellent communicator and be passionate about what you do. This position establishes and ensures successful execution of the ETL architecture and strategy. You will work closely with data architects, subject matter experts, and business analysts to design and deploy data integration solutions using ETL tools. The Principal Systems Analyst will mentor and guide other systems analysts, perform testing and validation, assist in data modeling tasks, participate in project scoping and timeline estimations, and maintain a production ETL job schedule and dependencies. This position works closely with the Business Analyst to determine Standard Operating Procedure and documentation.
This position will Lead agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader. This role will respond to audits and contribute to the RFP process. Ensure data governance and best practice is embraced. Responsible for understanding business and IT strategy to align with outcomes. Will be a hands-on Data and Integration Engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Must understand big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application. Will define improvements to increase system reliability, security and performance. Perform rich data visualizations and presentations to senior management on value adds. May manage a team.
- Participate in defining strategic IT objectives and leading subordinates toward that strategic vision for their products.
- Acts as the primary focal point for both internal and external customers for software development tasks. This includes estimates of feasibility, time and effort of tasks.
- Provide updates to both the user community and the programmers.
- Monitor projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion.
- Ensure that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between programmers, analysts, project managers, supervisors, and managers, and ensuring that the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assists with budget preparation and management.
- Mentor and evaluate staff performance. – Continues to work hands-on doing programming and analysis work themselves.
- Tracks all project requests in functional area and updates status of projects on a regular basis.
- Assists in estimating work effort associated with new project requests.
- Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
- Participates in planning and budgeting.
Other Job Requirements
7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3-4 years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
General Job Information
Principal Data and Integration Engineer (ETL)
Work Experience – Required
Work Experience – Preferred
Education – Required
Education – Preferred
Bachelors – Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.