Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN AUSTIN/ SAN JOSE/DESTIN, FL
- Play a key role in defining and driving the data strategy, target platform and governance principles
- Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for data flowing through our ecosystem to enable seamless, near real-time workflow integration with both relational and non-relational data stores.
- Define strategy for data acquisition from legacy systems
- Own end-to-end architecture vision & roadmap for the data platform to support the data strategy
- Design infrastructure & technology for data platform, including owning technology selection
- Understand and be accountable for the financial implications of the design
- Plan data and database architectural progression for year 1, year 2 etc. and define achievable transitions
- Be hands-on, especially with the initial implementation work
- Research, understand, recommend, and plan for the integration of new technologies
- Ensure all non-functional aspects of the platform are addressed; including scalability, security, maintainability and supportability
- Continually monitor current state, business direction & technology trends to ensure the platform direction is sustainable
- Identify opportunities for technical innovation that add value to the platform
- Assist in establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
Collaboration & Communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, equally comfortable engaging with and presenting to senior stakeholders, as well as writing code alongside software engineers
- Work closely with architects from across the organization to ensure alignment with the broader technical strategy
- Work closely with other platform teams/project management/release management that may be dependent on/impacted by changes in the platform scope or technical implementation
- Ability to evangelize new technologies and their impact on the company.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience
- 8+ years of experience in defining and implementing data strategies
- 5+ years of experience integrating data in batch and near real-time
- 5+ years of experience with large data sets and deep understanding of associated technologies such as OLTP relational databases, OLAP & Dimensional Environments, Cloud technologies, Search tools and algorithms, ETL tool and techniques, document or other NoSQL databases, and process tools.
- Experience delivering flexible, reliable, supportable conceptual, logical, and physical data models across a broad ecosystem.
- A good understanding of best practice techniques to build and maintain data models, along with advantages and disadvantages of enterprise data models
- Capable of working with complex data structures and data models to provide recommendations on business focused data architecture
- Able to work in a faced paced, dynamic environment
- Experienced in Agile Software Development Environment
- Experience with at least 1 of the following:
- Data Mining,
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
- Experienced Data Architect or Solution Architect with considerable exposure to data led driven environments
- Specific experience defining Data Architecture, including future/target architectures
- Knowledge of Data Analytics offerings from AWS, GCP or Azure
- Establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
- Experience working within agile led environments
- Experience with event design, event streaming & event driven architectures
- Experience in a Microservices Based Environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.