What does a great Principal Architect do?
In partnership with the Technology Senior Leadership team, you will work with a cross-functional team of engineers, architects, product managers, and developers to transform large, sophisticated shared technology products and services. You will report to the Global Head of Architect and Engineering and will focus on crafting and delivering detailed technology solutions and strategies at scale in complicated client-facing environments.
Success Factors: tools, technology and techniques used to deliver full stack solutions quickly. You understand what it takes to operate agile deployment at scale, and know how to translate ambiguous requirements into detailed, technically sound solutions. You have a growth mindset, strong emotional intelligence, and reputation for delivering results. You have mastered the ability to identify and assess application needs and opportunities, develop new product and services concepts, design APIs, and collaborate directly with clients.
You can look forward to:
- Actively propose, support and champion innovative solutions, both internally and externally, while confidently illustrating and defending principles to internal teams, and standards communities
- Quickly establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders to ensure leadership buy-in across both business and IT
- Become a strategic partner in shared technology road mapping and structuring to drive increased value, greater adoption and higher transformation success
- Assess new and emerging technologies like containers, cloud, API management, CI/CD, developer tools and utilize that knowledge to improve the current deployment, increase scalability and adoption rates
- Drive the modernization and core engineering practices
- Identify and assess industry best practices to increase the operational capabilities, especially with a highly regulated industry mindset
- Support the triage and resolution of critical impediments
- Prepare and deliver effective communications both written and orally regarding progress and status for both internal and external teams
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design and change management, as needed by the project
- Build a balanced new technology introduction capability within Fiserv by recruiting and mentoring new architects inside and outside of the organization
- Develop a catalog of techniques and material for architects, new team members, and anyone interested in learning more about the new technologies being introduced
- Create opportunities for the team to develop, share expertise and grow by facilitating learning events, large team retrospectives, and other avenues that encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 4-year college degree + 11 YRS of experience in applicable field OR
- Advanced degree in applicable field +8 years of proven experience OR outstanding self-taught individuals with significant relevant work experience
- Ambitious; enthusiastically hardworking and seeks to solve everyday problems in an innovative way
- Proven experience with tools, technology and techniques used to deliver full stack solutions quickly
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Ability to blend Open Source and legacy technologies to create transformation architectures
- Deep expertise in development frameworks (.Net, Java, Python) or extensive infrastructure deployments
- Experience designing architectures that support guided incremental change across multiple dimensions.
- Effective at building strong relationships and managing internal and external client expectations
- Capable of working in all parts of the technology design, engineering and operations process.
- Ability to successfully work and influence across the entire organization
- Proven understanding of the latest technologies and ability to build the best solutions for our clients without blindly following trends
- Consistent track record of innovations and bringing new insights to end products
- Ability to make the complex simple and be a problem solver, above all else
- Proven track record to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations and plans
- Creative, energetic, passionate, and flexible
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to work on sensitive projects with strict confidentiality requirements or security clearance
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.