WHO WE ARE
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
On the Comcast VIPER Player Platform team, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience of millions of users across multiple types of devices. From the latest X1 Set-Top Boxes, to the Xfinity Stream app running on customer's Smart TVs, to all modern desktop and mobile browsers, you'll face the challenges of delivering highly flexible, re-usable software to provide the premium experience to millions of customers.
What you’ll do:
Day to day, this individual will develop software to tackle exciting problems of video playback, implement flexible analytics and advertising requirements, and drive the accessibility and localization of our products. Frequent production deployments mean your contributions quickly give value to the user and business. Our flexible, engineering and customer-focused software process means you'll understand the "why" of what we work on – and we'll trust you to deliver the "how". Besides our developer-friendly tooling and process, you'll work hands-on with industry specialists in streaming video technologies, content protection, advertising, and data science.
About the Environment:
Experience a collaborative work environment with flexible hours / remote work options, a safe and welcoming environment for people of all backgrounds, and many perks.
Find out more and apply today!
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Bring a high level of technical leadership to the team
- Help drive the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be curious, use and be an advocate for our innovative technology and offerings.
- Win as a team – we make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity. Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Collaborates with project partners to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Keeps a pulse check on technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates external applications and products.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Partners with other teams to ensure applications meet specs and requirements.
- Possesses and shares knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering practice.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and collaboratively discusses architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Typically requires 12-15 years software engineering experience and mastery of software architecture, software engineering, and computer science fundamentals – design principles, data structures, and algorithms
- Customer- and team-focused demeanor
- Proven technical and team leadership skills
- Experience with Git preferred
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, automation tests
- Experience with scripting languages, CI/CD systems preferred
- Experience with streaming video technology preferred – especially HTML5 Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions, MPEG DASH, and HLS
About Comcast VIPER (Video IP Engineering and Research)
VIPER (Video IP Engineering & Research), is a division within Comcast’s Core Platform Technologies team and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media is based in downtown Denver, CO. We are a cloud-based, IP video infrastructure that’s been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.