Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Principal R&D Engineer leads the design and development of innovative solutions. In this role you will act as a technical reference, working closely with customers, partners, foundries, application engineers and development teams to define and deploy major new flows, methods and capabilities for electronic and photonic design automation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads planning, architecture or research across multiple projects or disciplines.
- Coordinates product design and development activities requiring extensive analysis in areas such as photonic circuit solver research, photonic circuit yield analysis, photonic device modeling and co-simulation interfaces. Acts as a technical reference across groups or products.
- Develop new algorithms, or identify existing algorithms to apply to photonics problems. Test these algorithms by prototyping and interpreting results.
- Defines, develops and employs best practices and maintains them through technical reviews and mentoring.
- Performs highly complex bug verification, release testing, and beta support across multiple products. Coordinates the QA or product support teams on problems discovered and develops solutions.
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for products, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. Works with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions.
- Operates without direct supervision and functions as a high-level team leader, project manager, or software architect.
- May be responsible for line management of a small technical team but primary duties are of an individual technical nature.
- Working with semiconductor foundries and enterprise users to understand needs for tools and flows to scale photonic chip design
Minimum Education / Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required Education and Degree Type: Masters in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Required Minimum Years of Professional Experience: MS+10, or PhD+8
- Extensive commercial experience with electronic design automation tools, circuit simulation and behavioural device modelling
- Demonstrated leadership with a track record of delivering state-of-the-art results on complex problems
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Expert-level knowledge and leadership in statistical analysis, circuit simulators and SPICE, behavioral device modelling
- Experience leading technical efforts to deliver innovative solutions that advance large-scale commercial products
- Proven ability to understand business requirements and translate them into software roadmaps and plans
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear way to stakeholders and development teams
- Ability to drive success across teams and geographies, and to mentor others
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Verilog-A, and related languages
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.