What you'll do…
Marketplace Engineering team is in the forefront of building core platforms and services to enable Walmart to deliver vast selection at competitive prices and with best in class post order experience by enabling third party sellers to list, sell and manage their products to our customers on walmart.com. We do this with managing entire seller lifecycle, monitoring customer experience, and deliver high value insights to our sellers to help them plan their assortment, price, inventory. The team also actively collaborate with partner platform teams to ensure we continue to deliver the best experience to our sellers and our customers.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer – Backend who will play a critical role in the design and implementation of some of our core applications that impacts the largest retailer in the world!
In this role, you will lead and help our teams in driving down costs to implementation, championing continuous improvement, engineering excellence, innovation and mentoring engineers on developing and enhancing our enterprise scale software applications and frameworks.
Your job will include:
- Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Gain exposure to various technologies used in Marketplace and E-commerce platforms
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization
- Lead team in designing systems and apps
- Leads team projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions while gathering requested information
- Designing and developing backend microservices and REST APIs for web applications using JVM ecosystem (Kotlin, Java) and other languages and frameworks (Python, Go)
- Troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes
- Partner and collaborate with project team and cross functional teams
- Provide leadership to the project team
- Lead the discovery phase of projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, and business and user experience teams
- Over 8 years of experience in architecting large scale systems with challenges of scalability and delivering sub-second latencies on 99.99% uptime
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience in large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Experience and fluency with relational / non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, etc)
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies
- Proven understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public or private cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Understanding of machine learning
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience in the marketplace/e-commerce domain is a bonus but not a requirement.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.