Are you a software developer who loves solving complex problems?
Does working on the security of Government organizations excite you?
Join our Custom Development Team
Our Custom Government Engineering team works with breadth and depth across Akamai's technology stack to deliver custom solutions for our Public Sector customers. The team has a strong relationship with our Operations team; working in a collaborative fashion, we strive to build and operate world-class applications and systems for our customers.
Lead our Custom Government Engineering Team
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will primarily focus on custom development, largely around authentication, authorization, and identity-related products. This will be a challenging role where you will help design, implement, automate, and support all aspects of the project.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a lead participant in the architecture, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions
- Working with the GCDS WebDev team to develop new applications, improve current systems and bring new capabilities to our customers
- Being proactive when addressing issues concerning requirements, technical matters and when resolving production issues
- Acting as a resource for teammates, collaborating with peers and performing tasks as an independent developer
- Writing and maintaining our strong automated test suite, including unit, functional, integration, and end-to-end tests in our labs and QA environments
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related engineering field; or its equivalent
- Demonstrate experience with Ruby on Rails development including testing frameworks and web app administration tools (Apache/Nginx, Puma/Passenger/Thin)
- Have experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and/or key-value stores (e.g. Cassandra)
- Have interest in building quality software products and architectures in an agile, rapid release, DevOps type environment using modern best practices
- Have experience with or understanding of authentication/authorization concepts, technologies and protocols
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home (up to 5 days a week)
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
At Akamai, we're curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you'll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Akamai is the Edge. Our globally distributed intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so our customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Akamai is a growing and evolving company. We're curious people. Optimistic. Intelligent. And highly skilled. We lead, we learn together and support each other, creating an atmosphere of digital collaboration and solutions that enables our customers to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to even imagine. We are Akamai. We are shaping digital life today.
Join us (US)
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.