Principal Software Engineer/Developer
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Principal UI Developer, you will be part of a team that will be developing new ways to look at data and the software that generates the data. Your primary focus will be developing a front end using current technology such as Vue.js and D3 in support of a new application currently being developed. There are full stack development opportunities as well, using corporate datastores, NoSQL databases, middleware connectors and streaming analytics. The work is being done within the government AWS environment, so a background in AWS would be preferred.
- At least sixteen years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- A TS/SCI Polygraph level clearance
- At least five years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection, and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- UI framework (Vue, D3 preferred)
- Experience in Java, analytic development would be helpful
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with government unclassified AWS development
- Experience with Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.