Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. Imagine Learning serves more than 15 million students and partners with more than half the school districts nationwide.
Envision Your Experience
As a Principal Software Engineer of the Product and Enterprise Operations team, you will lead the solution architecture, engineering direction, and engineering capability of our core curriculum platform. You will define and integrate the architectural roadmap with broader, next-generation enterprise platform services to consistently deliver high-quality software. You will use your leadership and communication skills to collaborate with engineering and operations teams.
This is a regular, full-time position, based out of your home office.
Imagine Learning offers competitive total compensation, including incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years with a Master’s degree or 5+ years with a PhD
- Must have hands-on coding experience. Percentage of coding done by this role: 80%
- Ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level; thinks strategically across one or more technologies
- Capable of high level strategic architectural planning and goal setting
- Strong technology leader in two or more domains; working knowledge of all enterprise domains
- Experience designing and creating Restful Services
- Experience in designing and building solutions using Microservices Architecture & Event Driven Architecture
- Strong understanding and experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
- Track record of successful platform and architecture transformation initiatives
- Mastery with .NET / C# and proficient in other languages and frameworks such as React.js.
- Drive continuous improvement across architecture, engineering, and quality
- Effective communicator to non-technologists and Product teams; makes technical issues readily understandable to general audiences
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Promote Product and Enterprise Operations culture and values
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers, and other business associates, Imagine Learning encourages employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Employees entering our office locations must be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test result within 24 hours of their visit.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace, with most employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees.
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.