Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join the X1 Scheduler team. This product powers the cloud and local DVR and reminder experience for the X1 platform. This individual will be asked to provide technical leadership within our code base and assist in mentoring junior engineers to assist in advancing their development. Additionally, we will look to this role to provide software design and architecture leadership in an effort to continually evolve the platforms and extent the system capabilities.
– 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
– 5+ years professional experience in developing Java webservices
– 3+ years as a technical lead, with at least three other developers (technical, not people management), for a large-scale application
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Experience building or consuming RESTful web services
– Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching strategies
– Experience leading software projects with source control systems like GitHub
– Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines or workflows
– Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges and solutions
– Ability to solve ambiguous/undefined problems
– Experience driving adoption of software engineering standard methodologies within your team
– Experience with NOSQL data store solutions
– Technical leadership throughout the design, development, testing and deployment processes of core iOS libraries and mentorship with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. This role does not have any direct reports.
– Presentation and advocating for architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences
– Serving as a mentor for junior- and mid-level Software Development Engineers
– A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
– A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
– Collaboration with project partners to identify product and technical requirements, conducting analysis to resolve integration needs
BONUS SKILLS (Nice to have but not required)
– Experience in designing and interacting with REST/ RPC based API micro services
– ScyllaDB or Cassandra Experience
– Experience with MongoDB
– Have worked with AWS products including EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, ECS, and R53
How we work
– We follow the squad and guilds engineering model for developing the front and backend architecture at scale.
– Platform leads inspire change through mobile tech architecture reviews and Android & iOS guild meetings
– We have a strong onboarding process with 30-, 60- and 90-day goals so that you can succeed as a leader
– Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
– Computer Science, Engineering
– Generally requires 11+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.