SEMCON provides a highly qualified, professional, and responsive technical and managerial workforce to satisfy customer requirements that support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)s mission, vision, goals. SEMCON’s company culture aligns enriching career experiences, growth opportunities and collaborative engagement for all SEMCON employees resulting in a company value being greater than the sum of our parts.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Administrator to join our team working in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Want to be part of our team?
As the Principal Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Install, configure, and maintain Windows and Linux servers and associated software in both physical and virtual environments.
• Administer servers, desktops, routers, switches, and Cisco UCS blade server environments.
• Provide expertise in troubleshooting issues on Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
• Support helpdesk team by participating in after-hours on-call rotation, and supporting end-users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
• Provide network support and architecture designs for large infrastructure projects and deployments.
• Work with development teams and provide infrastructure support and input into architecture design and onboarding plans for new systems, including diagrams and documentation.
• Provide operational support to development teams by participating in production release planning and software deployments.
The Principal Systems Administrator will have the knowledge, skills abilities and/or technical experience to include:
• Demonstrate significant experience in Linux and Windows Administration, including best practices, CLI, and GUIs
• Familiarity with enterprise network architectures, including Cisco routers and switches
• Familiarity with complex Linux/Windows environments and related protocols (HTTP/FTP/SCP/NFS, etc).
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio
• Experience supporting web applications and environments, including Nginx and NodeJS
• Experience with VMWare and virtualized environments
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.