Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Principal Technical Architect
Automotive Retail Suite – (CRM Marketing, Sales, and Service)
CDK Global is hiring a full-time experienced Principal Technical Architect for our Automotive Retail – Software Suite in San Jose, CA or Austin, TX.
CDK Global offers the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. We are on a journey to transform our product portfolio into a broad offering of reusable microservices delivered via containers in the cloud, enabling the rapid delivery of industry leading user experiences that customers love. Principal architects are the technology change agents delivering this modernization and innovation. They are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions for key CDK Global business domains including CRM Marketing, Sales and Service.
As a Principal Architect for Automotive Retail – Software Suite (ARSS) that includes our agnostic industry leading flagship products Elead CRM and CDK Digital Retailing (online car buying), you will drive the design of next-generation CDK Global software-as-a-service applications.
• Responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet functional requirements in support of a given initiative.
• Building Cloud Native applications leveraging AWS services
• Analyze, document and optimize the overall solution architecture by developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes aligned on industry best practices
• Applying a Services or API First approach to building applications
• Using event-based or messaging-based architectures
• Delivering multi-tenant applications
• Implementing proof of concepts, frameworks or libraries
• Support the delivery of the solution by providing insights to the application development teams and project managers that plan and execute delivery activities
• Removing technical obstacles and barriers to successful delivery
• Create solution architecture documents that describe and explain solutions attributes and associated benefits and maintain documentation in collaboration with enterprise architects as well as others solution architects
• Plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architect’s solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and assists in software and service procurements
• Application modernization to microservices
• SOA designed monoliths to microservices
• Design API contracts
• Cloud native applications in AWS
• Portfolio rationalization that consolidates back end systems and duplicative integrations
• Business, product, and engineering collaborations
• Technical standards definition
• New technology adoption
• Meeting performance, availability, scalability, reliability, maintainability and security SLAs
This role emphasizes:
• Proven experience with C#/.NET Framework for both API and front-end development of existing applications.
• Demonstrable ability with C#/.NET Core for API development and React for front-end development of net-new applications.
• Knowledge and experience with SOLID design principles, cloud computing, test automation, and CICD.
• Analyzing and resolving complex problems during design, development, and operation of applications and systems.
• Detecting, diagnosing, reporting, and resolving production issues with expediency.
• Identifying development patterns and best practices to mitigate future issues.
• Stay connected with your teammates and internal stakeholders, from iteration planning to retrospective.
• Give and receive objective and constructive feedback.
• Produce clear technical documentation, lead internal demos of your work, and contribute to peer code reviews.
• Own your experience by celebrating successes, being accountable for outcomes, and championing ongoing continuous improvement. Identify opportunities and manage technical risks.
• Promote a culture of innovation and learning. Mentor and be mentored. Actively engage in knowledge transfer and ongoing professional development.
• .NET Framework (up to and including 4.72)
• .NET Core (2.2, 3.x)
• C# (ASP.NET, MVC, Web API)
• AWS experience and/or certification
• SAFe Agile experience and/or certification
• CICD experience (Jenkins, GitLab) and automated UI testing
• AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, NServiceBus
• Node.js, Angular 5+, Objective-C
• SOLID principles and Object-Oriented Design patterns:
• IoC (Autofac, Castle Windsor)
• Unit testing (NUnit, xUnit)
• PL/SQL with Oracle 12c+
• Containerization with Docker
• Foundational knowledge of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, proxies, etc.)
• GitHub Enterprise, including pull requests and peer reviews
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering). An advanced degree in a related area, an asset.
• Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, of which minimum 5 as a solutions architect working with integrated Enterprise systems. Professional experience design, development, and operationalization of scalable, resilient, high-volume client-facing web and service-oriented applications.
• Expertise in architecting cloud solutions and supporting application migrations to cloud (AWS preferred)
• Cloud solution architect certification a plus
• Ability to work across multiple technical teams to set direction and priority
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business acumen
• Expertise with web mobile application environments
• Expertise with SOA concepts.
• Experience in the layout and architecture planning for integrating multiple platform
• Expertise in APIs, web services concepts and standards.
• Expertise in JSON, XML, XML Schema, XSL, various XML standards and web services.
• Experience in designing and implementing large server software with particular attention to security, scalability and high performance.
• Experience working within multidisciplinary and collaborative environments
• Team player with effective interpersonal skills
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.