WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will deliver business process development and operational excellence for the global Supplier Management operations; including supplier on boarding, screening and risk management. You will apply your procurement knowledge to develop processes, operating procedures, systems and automation to accelerate the value proposition for BCG. You possess a very high level of self-motivation/drive, resourcefulness and a willingness to facilitate change in an agile environment. You will lead-in best practices, and report to the Director of the Global Procurement Service Center. This is a great opportunity to develop process engineering best practice and operations excellence as part of the Global Procurement Transformation at BCG: one of the world’s leading and fastest growing consulting firms. You will:
• Deliver operational excellence to end to end business processes that scale to support the global Procurement roll out and operations of Supplier Management, applying lean and digital transformation working in partnership with the Service Line Lead
• Map current state processes, benchmark processes and identify opportunities to improve customer service levels, quality and cost performance of the services
• Define and implement solutions to standardise, simplify and scale our processes; including quantifying benefits and tracking against benefits realization
• Develop and maintain process maps and Standard Operating Procedures for the end to end process to ensure consistency, compliance and reference for audit purposes
• Automate operations to the greatest extent possible, applying robotic process automation (RPA); working in collaboration with IT and Operations
• Secure processes to maintain master data to a high level of data integrity through robust data gathering, analysis and dashboard / reporting working in partnership with the Service Line Analyst
• Communicate clearly on change initiatives and selected internal projects to management and business stakeholders – including presenting initiatives and reporting on them at a regular cadence
• Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them
• Identify, develop and implement best practices, applying Agile ways of working to accelerate customer value
• Provide outstanding global customer service across all local office and times zones; delivering consistent service standards and meeting deliverable commitments
• Build positive stakeholder relationships and manage all relevant communications and interactions with IT, Finance and other internal control groups
• Act as a thought partner and provide problem solving and expertise insights, guide teams to avoid pitfalls and hurdles
YOU'RE GOOD AT
You should be good at process reengineering, building relationships, having an eye for detail and a structured approach to delivering results.
• Process Engineering – map business processes and apply process re-engineering best practices to and continuously improving business processes performance
• Drive and Motivation – Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals, and drive and deliver change in a global organization with minimum supervision
• Creativity/Innovation – Drives process improvements and develops executable creative solutions
• Client and Business Focus – Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting and long-term relationships with clients, helps clients to identify/define needs, and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Acts as a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across global teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute, and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills – Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others. Clearly articulate observations and linked recommendations verbally and in writing
• Analytics – Analytical thinker, able to quickly assess situations, multi-task, prioritize and make observations and linked recommendations
• Judgement and Problem Solving – Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Professional – Convey a strong positive personal and professional image with excellent standards of professional behaviour and ethics
• Global Environment – Comfortable, flexible, and able to work under pressure
• Comfort with ambiguity, virtual working and iterative process development
• Organization – Highly organized with attention to detail (especially data quality) and excellent follow-through required
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• Strong experience in developing global and best in class business processes, doing procurement process reengineering preferably in a professional services, consulting, blue chip organization
• In-depth working knowledge of supplier lifecycle management (supplier on boarding and maintenance), supplier screening or procurement processes
• MBA or Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering, Business, Technology etc.).
• Experience or certification in Six Sigma/Lean or related operational excellence methodology
• 5+ years of work experience preferably in an operations environment
• 3+ years’ experience delivering process improvement and re-engineering within operations
• 2+ year tenure in last organisation and have demonstrated consistent role delivery
• Expertise in process engineering (including automation) systems and tools – Visio, Robotics Process automation
• Proficiency in Lean and Digital transformation tools and techniques (Kaizen, Agile, Kan-Ban etc.)
• A sound understanding of Purchase-to-pay tools (e.g. Coupa, Ariba, Emptoris, Oracle)
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite (Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint),
• Design visually compelling process maps, slides and reports
• Experience with collaboration tools & ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Service Now) is preferred
• Experience with big data environments
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG spends ~$1.3B on goods and services across the firm globally. At its core, Procurement is accountable for ensuring that BCG is supplied with goods and services that meet business requirements, drive value and at best whole life cost to BCG.
The functional procurement team at BCG is a healthy, yet nascent operating function that has generated material savings to BCG over the past 5 years. Over the past 18 months, we’ve embarked upon a procurement transformation to define and implement strategies, organization, systems and policies to create a sustainable operating model. This model should maximize value from our suppliers, mitigate risk and meet savings targets. BCG is a highly matrixed firm where purchasing decisions are often taken at the local level, therefore this transformation will need to be carried out with high levels of stakeholder engagement, alignment and collaboration.
The BCG Global Procurement function is currently made up of more than 40 procurement professionals located in London, Stockholm, New Delhi, Boston and Munich. This Procurement Operations position will be supporting the team on a strategic and operational level.
Scope of work will be global, regional as well as local, requiring relationship building, sell-in capabilities and sensitivity to local requirements. The individual taking on this challenge must possess a very high level of self-motivation/drive, persistency, resourcefulness and a willingness to facilitate change.