Metalcraft of Mayville
Procurement Project Engineer
Job ID: 2019-1682
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.
This position in the Scag Power Equipment division of Metalcraft of Mayville, located in Mayville WI, will support Scag by using engineering principals to determine design requirements to help find new and alternate sources for key components across the product line. By working with other teams throughout the company during the selection, design, and building process, this role will be a crucial to the final Scag products that are produced.
- Work with engineering team members to understand durability and performance requirements of current products
- Implement designs into production by creating bill of materials, prints, and 3-D cad models.
- Work with purchasing and service teams to identify key component suppliers that introduce a risk to the supply chain
- Work with strategic sourcing team to determine viable new supply partners by comparing their product offerings as compared to design requirements
- Work with purchasing team to qualify and approve new components from existing and new suppliers
- Incorporate new key components into existing product families through redesigns ensuring performance and reliability standards are met or exceeded
- Work with product test engineering team to qualify potential new key components
- After selection, design, and testing is complete, determine implementation strategy with sourcing and manufacturing teams.
- Manage cost savings and product improvement initiatives
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost saving targets
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy. Train team on effective procurement process and strategy
- Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Efficient and consistent written and verbal communication with managers and teams
- Self-motivated to take initiative
- Ability to multi-tasks and prioritize duties as received
- Able to work and excel in a fast paced team environment
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.