Manages and directs multiple projects and programs of various size mostly focused on Information Technology. Responsible for all aspects of the project from start to finish, have full ownership and responsibility over project quality and provides input to project management processes and lifecycles. Identifies appropriate resource needs, develops the project schedule and may work directly with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Manager or Program Manager regarding the status of assigned projects. C oordinates the work of other IT professionals and administrative staff to achieve IT goals and processes, such as network upgrades, software and app development, data management and hardware installations. Requires basic Project Management knowledge areas and have demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge in projects, understand the function of each team member, and effectively coordinate activities as well as have excellent understanding of the health system/health care processes and support systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field required. Four years structured project management experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 2-3 years working as IT Project Manager
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) required or completed within one year of hire.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
- Designed Learning Flawless Consulting Certification within one year of hire.
- At least two years of experience in structured, formal project management required.
- Ability to lead projects Tier One and Tier Two projects, ranging from 1 month to 1 year in duration.
- Analytical Thinking: Developing a deeper understanding of a situation, issue or problem by breaking it down or tracing its implications step-by-step. It includes organizing the parts of a situation, issue or problem systematically; making systematic comparisons of different feature or aspects; setting priorities on a rational basis; and identifying time sequences, casual relationships, or if-then relationships.
- Project Management: The ability to plan, execute, and oversee projects including managing resources, scope, and impact to meet unique goals and objectives.
- Collaboration: Ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with other individuals and/or teams not formally lead; working together as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Demonstrated successful management of a project team effort. This includes participating in project scoping, cost planning/budgeting of the project, identification of requirements and stakeholders. In addition, experience with risk / issue identification and mitigation planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all processes related to project management activities including creating project documentation and schedule, directing and managing project work, monitoring and controlling project activities and value, and conducting thorough closure and handoff to operations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Tier One and Tier Two projects, ranging from one month to one year in duration.
- Must have strong analysis, planning, and organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel between multiple site with own transportation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Microsoft Project, Project Web Application, and Visio preferred.
- Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Data modeling and/or workflow process mapping experience preferred.
- Regarding specific projects, manages the communication, planning, monitoring/controlling, team building and design aspects to ensure successful completion. Evaluates project activities for effectiveness and goal achievement.
- Ensures initiatives under PMO are strategically focused on standardization or centralization of MHS functions or functional areas.
- Manage change to the project scope, schedule, cost and resource needs to keep the project plan on track, updated and reflective of approved changes utilizing the approved change management plan.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to existing project management methods. As necessary, collaborates with Quality, Decision Sciences, Innovation, and/or Transformation Division colleagues to enhance project outcomes.
- Continuously identify, monitor, and advise System Director, Integration and Project Management on PMO project risks. Collaborate with System Director, Integration and Project Management to prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Supports a culture and infrastructure within MHS that enables structured approaches to project-related decision-making and prioritization of strategic initiatives when assigning resources.
- Applies a governance framework for decision making to monitor and control the lifecycle of projects in the areas of meetings, reporting, risk and issue management, assurance, and project management control processes.
- Manages large amounts of sensitive, confidential information concerning personnel, financial, strategic, and business information contained in minutes, letters and other documents, as well as through meetings, discussions and interventions.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with System Leadership Team, leaders, and colleagues to aid in MHS goal and objective accomplishment.
- Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings/seminars and workshops.
- Performs other related work as required or
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.