The Project Manager role contributes to the success of Allpax by providing oversight and direction for all machinery orders and projects through the entire project life cycle from machinery order and successful manufacturing completion through shipment, installation, and commissioning. The position will report to the Lead Project Manager.
- Coordinate with both internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools, techniques, and methodology.
- Establish and Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Direct the performance of project functional task elements and coordinate the various functional tasks groups assigned to the project.
- Act as the primary contact on project status and performance. This includes being the primary contact with customers and involved third-parties e.g. other machine manufacturers, line integrators and design consultants, etc. Insure the applicable/affected parties are kept advised, in writing.
- Establish major project dates (the completion date of various task elements), identify critical path items, insure all assigned employees to the project are aware of the due dates of and their functional task(s) obligations, track progress toward those established dates, assist in rescheduling when obstacles or changes arise, and coordinate timely communications to all involved.
- Review specifications supplied by the customer and confirm that these were the specifications received by the Company at the time of order entry. Monitor project cost and compare to estimated costs to assure these costs are within plan.
- Initiate, schedule and conduct formal Project Kickoff and Specification Review Meeting(s) shortly after the machinery has been ordered. The participants will include the assigned mechanical and electrical designers, manufacturing and engineering supervision, and applicable sales personnel. Develop the meeting agenda which will include a complete review of all specifications to include in the equipment, identifying those areas requiring special attention. Time tables and critical dates will be identified to refine scheduled milestones.
- Act as the focal point (both internal & external parties) for any changes or developing issues affecting the successful conclusion of the project/order. This involves immediate response to specification changes received after acceptance of the order, coordination of associated cost of change(s), and initiation of correspondence with customer regarding any additional charges (costs).
- Interface and act as a technical resource with internal company departments e.g. manufacturing, accounting, human resources, parts, purchasing, engineering, etc., to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Prepares various reports (e.g. spreadsheets, time table action plans, etc.) detailing project progress.
- Ensure payments are received on time according to agreed upon project payment terms.
- 3+ years Project Management experience or engineering experience in Project Management
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Food Manufacturing or Packaging industry experience preferred.
- Prefer experience in project leadership in private industry (new machine manufacturing) business.
- Packaging industry experience preferred. Analytical skills to synthesize complex and diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data and design effective workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, including gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions;
- Excellent team skills to manage diverse departmental goals toward successful project completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable and well organized
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/MS Project/Adobe/AutoCAD)
Supporting the highest levels of product safety and regulatory compliance, Allpax manufactures processing and sterilization solutions for the food, beverage, pet food, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries, including autoclaves, retort room components, fully automated retort rooms, and product handling equipment that supports retort room automation. Allpax is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Product Handling business line, Allpax helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com and for more information on ProMach Careers, visit http://www.ProMachCareers.com.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits—you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 3 plus years
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field
- Bachelors or better in Construction Management Services or related field
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.