Job Summary (External):
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful, and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Project Manager – Mergers, Acquisitions & Integration – will provide comprehensive business support and expertise throughout the full M&A lifecycle. This will include strategic coordination of internal and external resources from the early deal stage, throughout due diligence activity, as well as into post-acquisition integration and transition monitoring. This individual will focus on the overarching financial goals and objectives of multiple, concurrent M&A opportunities by leveraging internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify risks, synergies and other critical aspects which may impact the outcome of each acquisition target.
This position is also responsible for coordinating resources across the enterprise, as well as externally in some cases, to ensure the execution of non-M&A projects occur on-time, within scope and within budget. The Project Manager will support strategic initiatives throughout the entire project lifecycle from discovery/planning through post-implementation reviews. The project workload may consist of broad, enterprise-wide activity to more narrowly focused, departmental initiatives. Additionally, the Project Manager is expected to not only drive the tasks of the project but serve as a key contributor and call out risks and reward opportunities which may affect the outcomes of the project and the organization overall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop comprehensive integration plans to achieve strategic M&A objectives, manage key stakeholders and govern full lifecycle execution.
- Develop and drive process standards supporting M&A activity
- Provide oversight and leadership for all strategic initiatives within assigned functional areas. May include leading projects directly or partnering with/directing other functional managers assigned to lead projects and managing overall project commitments and delivery.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous, complex activity and ensure all assigned projects are delivered on time, on budget, with a high degree of quality, achieving high customer satisfaction and realizing intended business results.
- Coordinate and document the capture of detailed project scope and objectives engaging all relevant stakeholders to ensure functional and technical feasibility.
- Create, distribute and manage comprehensive project documentation including detailed project plans, executive/team updates and all other relevant notifications.
- Diplomatically manage business relationships to minimize project risks, drive consensus and minimize business disruption.
- Maintain impartial/non-biased perspective on project risks/outcomes and manage recommendations, communications and/or escalations accordingly.
- Partner with business leads, FP&A, and any other relevant resources, to ensure team’s comprehensive understanding and alignment with respect to cost and benefit implications throughout project lifecycle. This includes active participation, resolution and/or escalation of any matters which may have financial implications.
- Deliver regular updates and ensure transparency to Finance and Accounting on the execution of initiatives and project timelines which may impact forecasted costs and/or benefits.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May directly (or indirectly) manage contractors or employees based on particular project tasks.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Masters or MBA preferred.
- Eight years of related work experience in project management with emphasis on large scale, multi-stakeholder, large budget integration projects.
- Healthcare, BPO and/or IT project management experience preferred.
- Management consulting experience highly preferred.
- Experienced in leading complex integrations projects with multiple, matrixed teams.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- PMP and/or PgMP certification preferred.
- PMP certification or other formal project management training highly preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years managing simultaneous, complex M&A integration projects.
- Systems knowledge, understanding and/or experience required to perform essential functions.
- Strong financial and accounting acumen.
- Financial risk mitigation and strategic planning experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, communicate program’s vision and objectives, create realistic plans and lead cross functional teams.
- Superior problem solving/risk mitigation and negotiation skills.
- Excels when working in a cross-functional, matrixed environment bringing together disparate resources to achieve common goals.
- Excellent oral, written, listening, executive-level presentation, meeting facilitation and collaboration skills are required. Possess the ability to clearly articulate thoughts, results and recommendations in a concise, professional manner.
- Self-directed and highly-disciplined: Must be able to meet tight (strict) deadlines and drive others to do so as well.
- Demonstrated history of identifying and resolving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways, as well as exercising good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Natural curiosity.
- Computer savvy with: MS Excel, MS Office and MS Project required.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- College-level mathematical skills required.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.