Responsible for ensuring operational processes and policies with regards to large capital projects. Takes ownership of success/failure of projects being completed on time and within budget.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Identifies and Executes branch relocations, Greenfield, and consolidation of locations.
- Drives large branch remodel projects, including setting and managing the related budget.
- Manages the Capital Expense and Budget Process; ensures Regional Leadership is notified and aware of remaining all budgetary items.
- Partners with Regional Leadership on ensuring priority projects are considered and budgeted for in appropriate fiscal year.
- Provide support to Real Estate Managers and Construction Managers for all Facility and Corporate Office improvements.
- Focuses on process and operational consistency to reduce cost and improve performance.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience. May research and recommend new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 25% of the time.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate across departments and levels.
- Ability to communicate with key internal and external stakeholders through numerous mediums.
- Self-Sufficient with ability to solve complex problems with limited information.
- Branch Operations, Real Estate and/or Construction experience a plus, but not required.
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Project Management experience a plus.
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.