Responsible for overseeing one or more smaller or intermediate sized projects. Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules and is responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Reviews project business case to ensure accurate costs and internal labor are identified. Ensures approval of business case and presents to governing body.
- Defines integration needs with other projects, systems and business processes.
- Provides regular status information to all project stakeholders. Interfaces with Upper Management on project status and related issues.
- Reviews plans and schedules of other participating functions for compliance with the master schedule; resolves scheduling and inter-functional conflicts.
- Participates in or leads daily, weekly or monthly meetings. Reviews to track and report project status, identifying deviations or adverse trends.
- Coordinates project team from inception through completion.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Formal project management training and/or PMI Certification highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Waterworks Treatment Plant Experience required.
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.