Property Technology Project Engineer
Job ID: 2019-1706
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Category: Information Technology
Revantage Corporate Services
Under the direction of the Director of Voice and Data Communications, the primary responsibility of this position is the research, design, specification, planning, execution and coordination of construction projects related to technology infrastructure supporting or enabling data, telephony, audio/video/conferencing, building automation and management, access, point of sale and other technologies related to commercial asset operations. This individual must work closely with teams in IT and property management to ensure efficient design and architecture. Manage the technology part of building acquisition and disposition projects. This position also requires a strong team player who can work effectively with nontechnical business partners in order to understand their requirements and expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the customer-servicing infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for customer-servicing infrastructure-related issue/crisis resolution.
- Lead project engineering and implementation for customer-servicing technology projects.
- Manage infrastructure implementation projects and offices build-out
- Lead interaction with partner organizations/departments to architect network or system solutions.
- Implement project communication plan with project stakeholders and Revantage IT team
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation as it relates to customer-servicing infrastructure. (Engineering Work Plans, Standards, Policies and Procedures)
- Design an effective test plan for any new/changed customer-servicing infrastructure.
- Ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders.
- Identify process improvement areas and develop improvement initiatives.
- Determine Key Performance Indicators and infrastructure standards.
- Travel and overtime required
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and/or work experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience planning, execution and coordination of construction tasks related to IT infrastructure or data centers
- Understanding of commercial audio/video systems, collaboration/web/video conferencing
- Strong knowledge of data and voice communications fundamentals, wiring concepts, cable plant, structured cabling, Cisco networking hardware and Unified Communications
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, Project Management applications, Visio
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Understanding of telecommunications procurement, installation, repairs and billing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of property technology needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Strong project management experience running cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Knowledge of full security stack (endpoint, network, perimeter, encryption, NAC, IPS, IDS, SEIM)
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, 802.1Q
- Knowledge of routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of connection technologies: T1, OC3, DSL, Ethernet, Broadband
- Experience designing Wi-Fi implementations
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise is preferred (RCDD)
- Experience with commercial building systems (BMS, EMS, Access) and IoT
- Experience with re-engineering and process improvement
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.