The Paradigm Family of Companies, is currently in need of a QA to join our growing organization!
We are open to candidates from the Walnut Creek, CA or Lombard, IL market at this time and the selected individual will have the opportunity to work from home a few days a week.
The QA & Automation Engineer is a technical role with strong experience and skills in quality assurance and test automation. This role is primarily responsible for defining and implementing test automation strategy and implementation, automate new and legacy applications, writes and maintains test plans, test cases, and test scripts; logs bugs (issues) and transitions the issues through the bug life cycle and system life cycle, ensuring their completion and documentation.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other work-related duties may be assigned.
• Hands-on current experience authoring, building and adopting mid to large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration, database levels.
• Integrate test automation into Continuous Integration/Continuous Development process and instrument full SDLC automation, specifically Microsoft Test Manager, TFS, and Jenkins
• Deep practical experience with cutting edge tools for Web, Mobile, Desktop, DB and Web-service testing (Selenium, Jenkins, ZaProxy etc.)
• Understands business requirements from documentation, business meetings, emails, etc.
• Effectively applies our project methodology and enforces project standards
• Ensures assigned project documents are accurate, complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Participates in regular status/scrum meetings with project team
• Keeps project team informed of changes in the product and other testing challenges
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to team members and superiors
• Effectively converts business requirements into repeatable test cases
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential
• Team player to work together in the most efficient manner
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education – College degree, preferably a B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science
• Experience – Four (4) or more years of experience in web application automated testing, functional testing or system testing within IT development/Quality Assurance field; OR any combination of academic education, professional training, or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Expert with all aspects of Microsoft technologies and Microsoft Office products.
• Required non-technical proficiencies and knowledge – Critical skills include excellent organization, analytical, problem solving, and verbal communications and documentation writing abilities; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; Flexible to meet changing needs and multiple tasks; Excellent follow-through skills with strong attention to detail; adaptive and open to frequent changes in work environment and prioritization; efficiently able to work independently and as part of a team
• Required technical proficiencies/knowledge Experience in using QA Tools (Microsoft Test Manager, TFS, Jenkins, Selenium, Java), writing test plans, test cases and test scripts, and a good understanding of QA methodologies. Familiar with web testing technologies, PC hardware platforms, and MS Operating Systems. Related experience with client/server databases and reporting tools; enhanced knowledge of database structure and design; thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and change management; expert with all aspects of Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products. (Word, Excel, Access, Project, XML, MS SQL Server, SharePoint, VSS, Microsoft Windows); ability to understand and assist with the conversion of business requirements into technical specifications and convert them into test scenarios and test cases; enhanced knowledge of software quality assurance methodology and practice; understanding of systems and applications with the ability to learn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Activities – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
• Weight Lifted/Force Exerted – The employee’s job occasionally requires weight to be lifted or force exerted up to 20 pounds.
• Vision Requirements – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Environment Conditions – While performing the duties of this job, the employee does not work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, endure outdoor weather conditions, endure extreme cold or heat (non-weather), or is at risk of electrical shock.
• Noise Level – The noise level in the employee’s work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.