D3 Engineering is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer. The successful candidate will primarily work with the software and hardware development team in testing application and embedded software. The candidate will be responsible for software testing (QA), developing and executing Test Cases for various types of testing such as Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration. He/she will also be required to manage Defect Reporting and Software Releases.
D3 Engineering, LLC, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is an established engineering services company. In business for over 15 years, we are focused on new product development utilizing our expertise in Embedded Vision and Digital Power & Motion serving the Industrial, Bio-Medical, Automotive and, Security & Defense markets.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers have the opportunity to be engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
- Test current products and identify defects and deficiencies
- Investigate product quality and achieve and maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process improvements
- Identify KPIs for product quality
- Assist software development team by testing application software and hardware level software / firmware that runs on embedded systems
- Develop Test cases, Test Procedures and test tools
- Validate requirements are testable
- Participate with the software development team and offer design input
- Enforce software testing methodologies to ensure timely introduction of quality software
- Develop timely and accurate software testing status reports and metrics to distribute to the engineering team and management
- Interface with engineers of various disciplines such as hardware, software, optical, etc. to understand the technology and determine root cause of problems
- Be an interface between the Customer Service group and Engineering group
- Understand problems reported by the customer and recreate them
- Provide timely responses to customers
- Communicate solutions to customer reported problems
- Perform regression testing on builds and maintain software defect tracking database
- Research the latest testing technologies to innovate test automation.
- Create new automated tests (preferably using open source tools).
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Experience with Embedded Systems is preferred.
- Experience with the Android platform is a plus.
- Understanding of photograph equipment and imaging is a plus
- Must have experience using Windows operating system; Linux is a plus
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- Experience with coding using scripting language; Python is preferred
- Experience with software QA tools and processes
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.