Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos Europe has an opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Lead (QAL) to manage assurance and improvement activities associated with the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
The successful candidate will have experience with quality assurance and control, document management, maintaining assets and driving improvement in accordance with relevant MOD and UK Government policies and procedures.
The candidate will be a proactive agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated.
The candidate will utilize improvement expertise (e.g. six sigma/lean) to implement cost, service and technical efficiencies to program processes and service optimization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our Quality Management is dedicated consistent application of program controls, to ensure consistency and business continuity for applying standards across the program.
We manage and track Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Metrics and perform Risk Management activities across the program. Additionally we conduct root cause analysis and perform continuous improvement through Correction and Corrective Action.
The QAL manages the quality assurance activities across the entire program lifecycle. This includes establishing and monitoring the performance/quality measurements to ensure requirement satisfaction for performance measures.
The QAL will interface directly with subcontractors to ensure their quality management systems are implemented and that objective evidence exists to demonstrate compliance to documented plans, processes and procedures.
The QAL serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality services, system and subsystems are provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities.
- The Quality Assurance Lead (QAL) is responsible for leading the internal quality monitoring process and evaluating the performance of processes and procedures, highlighting quality issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the quality assurance and control system for the program.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. Quality Management Plan, Quality Control Plan) and procedures for assuring quality products and services.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to meet and exceed acceptable quality levels for program performance standards.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Plan to ensure that all required services are performed in accordance with task order terms and conditions. Develop and implement procedures in the Quality Plan that identify, prevent, and ensure non-recurrence of marginal performance. Initiate changes in processes and practices to ensure effectively manage performance. Assuring compliance to the Quality Plan through internal audit and evaluation.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations; producing technical reports for deviations to processes and procedures, perform continuous improvement through Correction and Corrective Action.
- Initiate corrective action when any tasks are deficient or substandard.
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Provide the Head of Compliance with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives.
- Develop Quality weekly and monthly reports that provides measurements with trends over time and highlights performance issues with mitigation strategies. Report quality status and quality issues, with resolution plans, at weekly and monthly status meetings.
- Coordinate/collaborate with the MOD, Leidos and subcontractor personnel for validation of the effectiveness of quality assurance procedures and controls; monitors, reviews, and reports assessment results of Leidos performance against defined contractual standards; and validates compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- The QAL will support the MOD requested activities by coordinating the availability of program, project, and operational documents; providing data requested as part of onsite and remote audits; providing access to all source materials and associated metadata.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement.
- Delivering training as needed to support quality awareness.
- Assisting and supporting complaint investigations.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a UK security clearance (BPSS)
- Expertise with peer reviews and process auditing.
- Experience collecting and analysing metrics.
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with MOD customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), SharePoint, QA applications and databases.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and application of lean sigma tools, techniques and statistical analysis.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt trained.
- ISO 9001 trained.
- Formal Auditor trained.
- Experience working with MOD contracts, policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a Quality Assurance or technical assurance function.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.