Description:Koppert Biological Systems is the worldwide market leader in integrated pest management and disease management. The ongoing attempt to discover and utilize natural principles form the backbone of Kopperts activities. Our strength lies in our ability to turn this knowledge into practical applications which contribute to finding solutions to prevailing problems. Koppert also believes in sharing knowledge and training staff and clients towards achieving sustainable horticulture and agriculture.
Quality Assurance Scientist IBased in Oxnard, CA
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who is very goal oriented? Do you enjoy a diverse and dynamic environment, love new challenges and thrive in an environment where you are judged on results? Join us and Partner with Nature!
As a Quality Assurance Scientist (QAS), you will be expected to perform various assignments including, but not limited to quality audits, running scientific trials, developing and maintaining databases, collecting, analyzing and communicating data of varying complexity to key stakeholders across the company and training new staff.
By leveraging analytical tools and knowledge, you can help maintain the high quality standards Kopperts customers have come to rely on in our products. In addition, the QAS will be expected to develop methods for improving current manufacturing processes, conducting routine quality audits and safety inspections of the facility and process and provide technical support to production staff regarding quality issues with biological products.
Quality Assurance Scientist Responsibilities
- Complete various laboratory experiments to test scientific hypotheses relating to improving quality in manufacturing processes and biological control products.
- Perform routine sampling of biological control products to monitor the adherence of environmental, microbiological, or health guidelines.
- Configure and operate laboratory instruments such as stereo microscopes, compound microscopes, moisture analyzer, pipettes, balance, and other equipment and be able to troubleshoot breakdowns and perform preventative maintenance, calibrating, etc.
- Develop standard operating protocols, modify techniques, maintain and update the written form of this material.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and provide technical support to production staff regarding quality issues with biological products.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in biological science from an accredited 4-year college or university; M.S. is preferred; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and similar experience
- At least 1 year experience working in a life science/biomedical lab environment using standard equipment.
- Experience using statistical software packages (i.e. Minitab, SPlus, R, etc.) to analyze data sets of varying complexity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general scientific research and technical procedures.
- Ability to compose scientific reports, business correspondence, and SOPs/ protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; statistical analysis skills are necessary.
Koppert Biological Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.