Leads efforts in assuring that our internal quality guidelines are understood while assuring customer satisfaction in all areas of production and delivery.
• Develop APQP documentation to support the Product Realization Process in accordance with automotive customer requirements, e.g. FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, etc.
• Interface with OEM’s / customer personnel and participate in the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of formal quality systems.
• Drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing of our quality systems and processes.
• Facilitate problem-solving of complex issues using advanced quality tools.
• Provide direction and coaching to less senior team members.
• Interface directly with internal teams regarding ongoing concerns with production parts.
• Leads group problem solving efforts as necessitated by customer concerns.
• Plan, support, and implement total quality management in support of zero safe launch.
• Ensure that appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process value stream.
• Confirm product quality through confirmation phase exit.
• Initiate control plans and training for inspection and gage instructions in accordance with customer specific requirements.
• Develop and control all APQP documents through PPAP approval for new program launches.
• Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer initiated product changes.
• Be assertive in interpretation and collecting of customer specific requirements.
• Participate in GD&T development through the DFM process.
• Responsible for supplier gage design approval.
• Prepares reports to customers detailing problem solving activities.
• Participates in continuous improvement activities such as Kaizen planning, 6S, and scrap reduction.
• Generates and analyzes statistical data for continuous improvement for all departments.
• Conducts internal audits on WF-E quality system; reports results to management.
• Tracks and reports key quality trends for the management team.
• Communicates with customers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
• Interfaces with suppliers regarding ongoing concerns with supplied components and communicates with suppliers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
• Tracks concerns and resolutions from both customers and suppliers utilizing quality tools & training to drive internal efforts towards a successful resolution of customer’s quality issues or concerns.
• Maintains good standing with each customer scorecard and the company quality certifications and initiatives
Minimum of 2 year A.A.S. degree with 5 year QA experience. Prefer B.S. degree in Engineering or a related field with equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years Automotive / Quality experience. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Familiar with a machine shop environment.
• Has Foundry / Castings understanding with metrology lab expertise.
• Ability to perform CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programming.
• Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Has working knowledge of TS-16949 and IATF 16949 standards and application.
• Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Utilizes Quality Tools and data on his/her reports and/or presentations assuring that investigative conclusions are driven by collected evidence.
• Understands measurement system analysis and applies advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
• Applies mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
• Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Solid work history.
• Creates a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Maintains a flexible work schedule with willingness to travel.
• Experience in standard problem solving 8D/A4/PPS, the use of quality tools (i.e. 5Y’s, Pareto/Fishbone diagram, DOE’s, Root Cause Analysis, Document standardization, etc.) and a plus if Shainin “Red” X.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.