At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Our teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for ensuring our policies and practices comply with: applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance; the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications; quality control and reliability programs governing materials; and product and processes — resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
We are seeking an engaging and driven Quality Engineer to form an integral member of the Redwood Quality Team. The successful candidate in this role shall be responsible for the site's Quality Management System, including conformance and continuous improvement initiatives. This person will be responsible for: the systemic evaluation of product, services, facilities, manufacturing or business processes; ensuring that standards of quality are being met; and developing quality plans and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts and six sigma tools and analysis to drive business excellence and zero-defect culture.
• Lead and coach local team to ensure maximum team performance of direct and indirect employees
• Be a key member of the Redwood Quality team reporting directly to the ISG BU Quality Leader with matrix reporting to Plant Manager
• Lead and oversee the deployment and execution of Quality Policies objectives, KPI targets, goals and quality initiatives
• Have the capacity to lead and influence at all levelsLead and maintain the Quality Management System across the site covering ISO9001 and AS9100 that meets all customer, statutory and regulatory requirements, which includes a strong internal and external audit program
• Drive and engage cross functional teams to conduct root cause analysis on both internal and external quality issues and formulate resolutions in a timely manner; and to ensure the implementation and effectiveness of actions and prevent problems from reoccurring
• Maintain a statistically stable measurement system for product and laboratory testing in accordance with accepted industry standards
• Provide training and leadership in the application of statistical methods and quality tools throughout the business
• Principle resource for quality methods, statistical process and quality controlIdentify gaps and opportunities and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
• Positively communicated quality philosophy to customers
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S. or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
What your background should look like:
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S. or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
• 3-5 years of experience in a Quality & Reliability Engineering role in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Business
• Experience working in aerospace, defense and/or military industries
• Proven track record of developing strong relationships with customers and suppliers
• Six sigma and lean manufacturing experience required
• Strong knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100
• Strong knowledge and practical experience of quality tools including but not limited to 8D, FMEA, 5Y, FAI’s, PPAP & APQP
• Experience in complying with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.