MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following;
* Assist in preparation/delivery of department reports*, *charts, and graphs on defects and scrap. Perform analysis of charts and lead improvement / reduction efforts
* Read blueprints and/or engineering specifications to obtain casting information such as specified material, surface finish, and dimension requirements; ability to compare surface finish of work piece to finish requirements
* Support Corrective Preventative Action verification and effectiveness of action items
* Lead PPAP process from planning, implementation and execution of final inspection plans.
* Assist with the education and instruction of plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment maintenance, and overall efficiency improvements to meet quality control standards.
* 2+ years related experience, preferably in a contract manufacturing environment
* Experience with plastic injection molding preferred
* Working knowlegde of ISO 9001:2015 IATF, preferred
* Familairity with AIAG Core tools: APQP, PPAP, pFMEA, preferred
* Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
Mu client is a family owned operation that has been booming over the last 20 years. They serve multiple industires and provide contract manufacturing services to clients such as SpaceX and Tesla. They are expanding their quality team due to continued growth and stability and seek a Quality Engineer. This is a highly visible role that ideally will have the autonomy and opportunity to flourish into a managerial position. The Quality Engineer will lead PPAP processes, initiate root cause and implement CAPAs cross-functionally. This role will have access to the senior leadership team, that has a strong track record developing hard working individuals.
* Competitive base salary, between $60,000 – $75,000
* Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision) through BCBS
* Tuition reimbursement
* 15 days of PTO
* 8 Holidays
* 401(k) with 4% company match (Effective Day 1)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.