Metalcraft of Mayville
Quality Manager Beaver Dam
Job ID: 2019-1676
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville Inc.
Under the direction of the Director of Quality, the QC Manager will be responsible for the leadership of the quality function and adherence to ISO 9001:2015 and manufacturing standards. You will supervise and coordinate the activities of those engaged in inspecting parts during the production process, applying knowledge of quality assurance standards and procedures to assure that all parts processed are in compliance with customer requirements.
- Implement, manage, audit, and improve the Quality System in accordance with OEM & SCAG Quality Manual, which conforms to, ISO 9001:2015, ITAR, and manufacturing standards.
- Supervise quality personnel including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints, resolving problems, rewarding, and disciplining employees.
- Support manufacturing operations with effective implementation of Quality Systems
- Insure cooperation and teamwork among production, management, quality, and customers in matters relating to product quality.
- Participate in customer audits and visits to customer facilities.
- Understand and interpret all customer specifications and prints and ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Ensure product quality so that product shipments meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Assist in developing processes, which achieve the required results.
- Review documentation and confer with inspectors, production management and engineering personnel to solve problems and to ensure that inspection requirements are met.
- Seek cost reduction opportunities.
- Audit systems for compliance and Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Plan, promote, organize and/or conduct training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Locate the root cause of non-conformance and follow up and report on reprocessing of non-conforming product.
- Track material rejection records.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations and customer complaint handling procedures.
- Use computer software programs to store, calculate, retrieve, and report on quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices and a hands-on approach.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, APQP, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Willing to challenge existing design, process and produce better products.
- Possess the ability to read and understand production and tooling drawings.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
- Direct supervisory experience.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing preferred
- 3-5 years of Quality Management experience specifically ISO 9001
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.