Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Quality Technician to join our exciting new pet food business at our Clinton, OK facility. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
The position of Quality Technician is designed as a monitoring, auditing and inspecting position that ensures compliance to company, regulatory and industry established specifications and procedures.
• Adhere to personal safety practices to assure a safe environment for associate and others. Maintain open communication with site safety committee and site safety manager as appropriate for role.
• Maintain continuous communication with site functional teams to assure complete awareness of the manufacturing process in compliance with Q&FS and performance objectives.
• Complete analytical testing and evaluation of raw materials and finished products as required.
• Monitoring and inspecting processes, policies and procedures and quality standards. This includes, but are not limited to: All Q&FS requirements, receiving of materials, processing, packaging, sanitation and microbial control, quality of testing protocols, record control, and positive release programs.
• Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule with particular attention to lockout/tag out and confined space entry when required
• Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals
• Participate and adhere to all food safety requirements, quality management processes, and site safety programs to ensure that all standards are met.
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity
• Participate in the development, revision, and training of mission critical competencies as related to the responsibilities and accountabilities of the position.
• Standing on a concrete floor
• Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
• Bending, stooping, twisting, turning, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
• Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes, such as hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
• Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
• Minimum of one year food related experience
• 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
• Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
• Knowledge of inventory control principles
• Knowledge of local, federal, and industry regulations with regards to: Food Safety (GMP, HACCP) and Food Quality (Product and Process)
• Knowledge of Q&FS testing practices, procedures and policies.
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.