Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
One of ANSYS' newest products, Discovery Explore (www.ansys.com/discovery), is a unique real-time easy-to-use simulation tool that will make engineering simulation as pervasive as Excel. Some analysts have called it "one of the biggest breakthroughs in design and engineering technology in the last ten years." This is certainly one of the most exciting technologies in the industry. You have the opportunity to work on the team that will transform how the products of tomorrow are engineered.
The R&D Engineer II will be making contributions to the business in a specific area of development. They will operate within given policies and procedures and will operate under general supervision, but will have a reasonable amount of discretion to take independent action.The overall goal of a R&D Engineer II's responsibilities is to define and develop the next-generation architecture and tools for ANSYS and its customers, with the clear intent of leap-frogging the completion.
- Design, develop, and provide expertise across the full software stack
- Architecture and API design for Discovery Live engine
- Create innovative customer facing features
- Refactor code as necessary to create scalable development ecosystem
- Improve software development process with tools and best practices
- BS in computer science or equivalent software programming related program
- 3-years of experience in software development or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience in object-oriented language (preferably C++ and/or C#)
- Knowledge of standard software engineering practices for the full software development cycle (modern source control such as Git, build & packaging, unit/system/integration testing)
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, C#, GNU tools, CLANG, etc.
- Knowledge of agile development processes
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Driven and willing to learn
- Strong communication skills
- CAE knowledge/experience is a plus
- Practical experience with CUDA, or other equivalent GPU programming language is a plus
- Experience with GNU tools, CLANG, MS Visual Studio, or Azure DevOps is a plus
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.