Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
New to the Ansys family, Lumerical offers a photonic simulation software which enables research and development professionals to predict how light behaves within complex structures, circuits, and systems. Photonics unlocks many possibilities for the world's most innovative companies who increasingly rely on virtual prototyping to explore new product concepts and optimize designs. Our customers are developing the technology of tomorrow – things like LiDAR systems for autonomous cars, virtual reality headsets, cellphone cameras, communications equipment for data centers and new platforms for quantum computing.
As an R&D Engineer at Ansys, you will develop innovative solutions to challenging and industrially relevant problems, work independently to meet requirements using novel or existing numerical methods, and communicate solutions effectively. You will work with Engineering and Marketing project teams to develop and enhance product capabilities and with customers to help them achieve their goals using Ansys's photonic design software. As a domain expert and key contributor to innovation at Ansys, you will also have the opportunity to showcase our advanced solvers and features to the broader photonics community through conferences and other events.
In this role, you will focus on developing and supporting features and solvers for photonic components and devices, with an emphasis on Maxwell's equations. You will be part of an experienced R&D team committed to developing algorithms and solvers for a broad range of physical problems at multiple scales, where collaboration drives results. Success depends on strong analytical skill, experience with a broad range of numerical techniques for linear and non-linear problems, and the ability to make the connection between simulation and real-life.
- Assess feasibility and prototype solutions to confront industrially-relevant problems;
- With product development, implement new product capabilities by defining requirements and test cases, developing numerical models for physical simulation, and validating solutions;
- Document and communicate newly developed simulation methodologies via examples, whitepapers and presentations suitable for a broad range of audiences;
- Assist the customer support team on challenging support cases for strategic customers; and
- keep abreast of the latest developments in relevant numerical simulation methods.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics;
- Experience implementing numerical methods for discretizing and solving Maxwell's equations in photonic devices;
- Programming experience with C++, MATLAB, and Python languages; and
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Experience using Lumerical's simulation tools or other optical modeling tools for photonics applications;
- Experience in numerical methods and algorithms for optimization;
- Experience in software development for parallel computing; and
- Substantial contributions to large-scale/multi-developer software projects
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.