Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Verification Engineer joins the Release Management Unit to conduct software testing of ANSYS applications such as Mechanical, Fluids, Electronics, Pre and Post Tools . This role helps to assess how well the product meets customer needs both in terms of functionality and usability and ensures that product requirements and quality standards are satisfied as per the company's quality procedures. The individual works closely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical specialists on product issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform functional and regression testing in manual and/or automated test environments and verify defect fixes
- Write software defect reports and enhancement requests
- Apply standard techniques and procedures and comply with the company's overall development and testing processes
- Work in a variety of computing environments; such as Windows, Linux, VM's, Compute Clusters, Cloud
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required Education and Degree Type: BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Required Minimum Years of Professional Experience: None
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer languages such as java or C# and working with various computing environments such as Windows and Linux
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of Engineering simulation applications preferably Ansys products
- Basic understanding of software development, testing and verification processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.