Primary Job Outcome:
Manage and Continue Development of a Network of Sales Representatives to Meet or Exceed the “Minimum Sales Requirement” (see below) of company standard catalog products (Valve Bag, Open Mouth and Bulk Bag Filling Machinery, Automation and Systems Via In-Person, Internet, Phone and Representative Sales within the Midwest and Western United States.
“Rules of the Game” (Core Values):
Mutual Respect – Respect is Given, Not Earned; Respect for Others is Expected at All Times
Do Your Best – Plan your Work & Work your Plan
Do the Right Thing – Create & Deliver Value Every Day
Show People you Care – Say Please, I’m Sorry & Thank You All the Time, Every Time
Be Coachable – What can I do better next time?
Required Outcomes (First 90 Days on the Job):
- Establish an Operable Working Knowledge of the Product Line and Develop a Process for Gathering Application Specifications Needed to Specify the Correct Product or System for a Given Application and Develop Skills to Quickly Identify “Fit” and Non-Fit” Opportunities,
- Become Functionally Conversant with company Representatives and Clients to Discuss their Applications.
- Establish Solid Working Relationships with company representatives within the Sales Territory.
- Handle All Sales Leads Directly for All Sales Leads within the Territory that Do Not Currently Have an External company Representative.
Required Outcomes (First 180 Days on the Job):
- Solidly to Improve Working Knowledge of company Product Line and Techniques to Become More Effective at Selling Those Products.
- Produce the annual “Minimum Sales Requirement” of Standard Engineered Products (No Custom Jobs) by December 31st of the Given Calendar Year through Direct and Representative / Distributor Sales.
- Personally Meet All New & Existing CBE Sales Representatives / Distributors within the Territory at Least Once During the remaining 2018 Calendar Year Either by Meeting them at Trade Shows or Visiting their Territories.
OnGoing Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive New Inquiries and Process New Inquiries Using CRM; Qualify and Distribute Opportunities to Company Representatives
- Gather Applications to company Standards Including Criteria Regarding Space, Environment, Product, Bag and System Performance
- Prepare Quotations (Preliminary, Revisions and Finalized) and Sales Drawings for Customers
- Supporting Representatives with Conference Calls, Zoom Calls and In-Person Visits
- Help Representatives Close Orders
- Make in Person Visits with Representatives to Verify System, Product and Bag Perimeters
- Write Up Equipment Orders in Compliance with Existing company Processes
- Manage Customer Relationship and Communications with Customer throughout the Sales and Order Fulfillment Process
- Other Duties as Assigned
States Included within Territory:
CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, MO, KY, TN, (Others As Assigned)
- Up to 40%
- Adaptive – Adjusts to New Environments and Situations
- Attends to Details
- Team Oriented – Works Well w/ Others
- Process Driven
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Coachable – Comfortable with Peers and Leadership Providing Constructive Insight and Feedback Regarding Performance
- Performance Driven – Comfortable Being Measured and Rewarded Based on Results Achieved
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 Years Experience in Material Handling Equipment Sales (Degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferable)
- Proficiency Using Current Computer Technology Including the Inventor / Solidworks, Internet, Search Engines, MS Office Suite, and QuickBooks and the Ability to Adapt to New Technologies as Required.
- Should have a Firm Understanding of Mechanics & Basic Engineering Concepts
- Articulate; Capable of Explaining Complicated Concepts in Basic, Easy to Understand Terms
- Endearing; Capable of Drawing Close to and Influencing the Opinions of Others
- 45-50 Hours per Week Average is Expected (8AM to 6PM on Office Days; Potentially More if Travel is Required)
- Required Travel – Up to 40%
- Must be Commit to Achieve the Sales Target (Below) for Each Year
NOTE: All Sales Must be Made at Company List Pricing. Any Request to Discount Must be Approved in Advance by Management.
- 65K Year Base Salary
- 2% Commission on All Sales of company Manufactured Machinery (Begins at $0.01 in Annual Sales; 50% of Commission Paid on Receipt of Customer Down Payment; Balance of Commission Paid on Receipt of Customer Balance Payment).
- 1% Commission on All Buyout (3rd Party) Machinery (Commission Begins w/ First Sale; 50% of Commission Paid on Receipt of Customer Down Payment; Balance of Commission Paid on Receipt of Customer Balance Payment)
- A BONUS COMMISSION of 1% on All Annual Sales will be Paid if the Annual Sales Goal is Achieved for a Given Year. Payable No Later than January 31st of the Subsequent Year.
- Company Supplied Cell Phone
- Company Office with Complete Set of Gear (Computer, Phone, Printer, Supplies, Etc.)
- 12 Days Paid Time off (PTO) – 1 Day Accrued for Every Month on the Job Beginning Day 1 of Employment.
- 6 Major US Holidays Paid (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day, Labor Day and 4th of July). Day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve are Automatically Scheduled as 2 of the 12 Vacation Days. If Christmas Eve falls on a Weekend, that PTO day will be “free” to be scheduled at Employee Discretion.
- Employee Provided Health Insurance (Spouse & Children Can Be Added at Employee Cost)
Base Salary plus Commission Breakdown:
Commissions will be paid on gross sales with the exceptions of the following exclusions: field service (installation and startup) shipping and handling, taxes and any other special charges paid by the customer. Commission for eligible sales will be paid out on the next pay period directly after receipt of corresponding payments from the customer.
Travel Expense Reimbursement Policy
- Use Company CC and Hand In Travel Expense Report (Reimbursed within 10 Days of Receipt)
- Fly Coach unless Upgrades are Free
- Use Mid-size Car Rental
- Avg Daily Hotels: Avg. $150 / Night or less
- Meals: Avg $45 / Day (Unless Customers are Entertained)
- Airport Parking: Long Term Parking
- Tolls & Misc Expenses: As Needed w/ Receipts
- Written Log of Company Related Mileage Required; All Other Personal Mileage will be Covered with Personal Funds
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.