Remedy Developer – INF001494
The Remedy Developer functions as a developer and a support function for the individual components within an application. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of the components. This Remedy Developer is responsible for the development of web-based applications using J2EE, BMC Remedy, and Application Servers as well as administration of the product/tool implemented.
Key Areas of Skill Focus for this role / The ideal candidate should have:
- Development experience with Remedy version 18.05 or higher
- Strong Soft Skills – Flexible personality, Creativity, and Interpersonal communication abilities
- Works on routine requests with Technical Specialists to convert user requirements into technical specifications required to satisfy the Work Request(s)
- Participate in quality reviews and verify traceability of the application design changes to the requirements
- Analyze and design enhancements and fixes for routine application code or packaged extension, as well as required fixes to production problems and new Work Requests
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards and standard methodologies.
- Produce all appropriate technical and support documentation required to maintain the application
- Determine time estimates and schedule for work within the designated area of responsibility
- Create a collaborative environment with other team members to ensure the team's overall effectiveness
- Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks to various partners in a timely manner
- Follow change control procedures and documentation procedures
- Plan and execute unit and integration testing for effected application code
- Provide oversight and work direction to the team's Application Developers
- Ensure accurate estimates and schedule for the development team
- Engage with Application Architect on plan, analyze, and design activities and communicate this direction to the other Application Developers
- Provide overall development leadership throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Provide coaching, code reviews, and mentoring to other Application Developers (not supervisory)
- Take ownership for delivery of the technology solution
- Associates degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience working with BMC Remedy Suite of Applications.
- BMC Remedy Experience with version 18.05 and higher is required.
- 3+ years of professional experience using Oracle Databases
- 1+ years of experience in administration of the BMC Remedy product
- Use of ITIL and other best practices to assist business with process improvements.
- Experience with Performance tuning of queries and applications to increase server response times
- Soft skills:
- Flexible personality
- Good understanding of agile development
- Strong Communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Database and Application Server Infrastructure – preferred.
- XML/XSL – Preferred
- Web Services – Preferred
- Ideal Preferred technical experience:
- Oracle environment / Database design or execution
- Web services
- Crystal Reports, business objects, BMC analytics would be preferred
- Experience with other ITSM workflow tools would be beneficial
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.