Location: 609 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA
Job Title: Reports/Data Specialist
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $38,357 – $43,397 annually
Shift: Office Day
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization working to end the homelessness of vulnerable people, particularly those living with serious mental or addictive illnesses. Through partnerships and an integrated array of comprehensive services, treatment and housing, DESC gives people the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
As the region’s leading provider of services to multiply disabled, chronically homeless adults, DESC serves 2,000 people each day through a comprehensive continuum of care which includes emergency shelter and other survival services, mental health care and chemical dependency treatment, employment services and permanent supportive housing. This integrated service model is designed to help disabled homeless men and women secure and maintain appropriate, safe and affordable housing. DESC is recognized nationally and regionally as an innovator in developing solutions to homelessness.
DESC’s Reports/Data Specialists work together to extract information from DESC’s data systems to meet funding, operational and other agency needs. They maintain data quality, create documentation and facilitate the operations of the agency’s data systems, and participate in Information Services (IS) team activities including planning, discussion, decision-making and training.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Report Generation and Data Querying/Maintenance – 50%:
- Respond to routine requests for information, using both existing reports and creating ad-hoc queries.
- Write complex SQL queries to create new reports.
- Work with IS and other agency staff to identify reporting needs.
- Generate and distribute regular reports to agency directors, contract authorities, and funders.
- Work with IS team, agency management, and direct service staff to improve data collection methods, and correct existing data issues.
- Provide support as needed to research and evaluation efforts.
Mental Health Program Eligibility and Enrollment – 20%:
- Enter or oversee entry of mental health data; coordinate with other IS staff to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of information.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of mental health funding requirements; coordinate with other staff to track and enroll eligible clients. Coordinate with DSHS as needed.
Additional Technical Work – 15%:
- Modify existing databases and create new data structures as needed.
- Write database procedures in PL/pgSQL (training provided as needed).
- Rudimentary work with PHP arrays (training provided as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
IS Planning and Discussion – 10%:
- Participate in IS discussion, planning and decision-making.
Documentation – 5%:
- Ensure complete documentation of relevant procedures and structures.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree.
- At least one year of experience working with numbers and data.
- At least one year of experience with report creation and databases.
- Good general purpose computer skills, ability to learn new programs essential.
- Previous experience with SQL a big plus.
- Interest in programming a plus.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Previous non-profit or social service agencies a plus.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.