Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Research Engineer will develop novel methods, web service concepts, tools, algorithms and techniques that can leverage both structured and semi-structured data to solve tough problems like mobility analytics, data visualization, accident avoidance and risk prediction for traditional insurance and safety products. He/she will also assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize a host of internal and external datasets using machine learning and statistical analysis and communicate to various stakeholders across and outside the company.
- Implementation of key research findings into working prototypes, and concept demonstrators.
- Develop solutions, understand the technical problem and solution space, explore analytical and experimentation approach to create solution proof points.
- Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from academic researchers, senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product managers.
- Present findings for enterprise specific topics to senior leadership.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from research, software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience on a periodic basis.
- Develop methods, tools, algorithms, processing approaches for business solutions and product development.
- Master’s in computer science, math, or a highly quantitative discipline.
- Deep hands on development skills in client/web services and/or cloud computing to support high volume and low latency-sensitive, and secure data.
- Mastery of one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C/C++, and agile development methodology and tool suites.
- Knowledge of advanced data processing/real time systems using tools such as Spark, Flume, Kafka and Akka, and serverless processing architectures..
- Knowledge in statistical methods and analysis including a deep understanding of regression and classification techniques.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in research and product development.
- Proficiency and/or a good understanding of structured and nonstructured databases.
- Proficiency with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations, reports, web content, or education materials.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Experience/knowledge in model optimization, evaluation, comparison, validation and selection.
- Experience related to full stack web service development, including web client development is highly desired.
- Experience in predictive model development, machine learning (MLlib, Mahout) and/or visualization tools of complex data.
- Experience taking ideas from inception to pre-production products is highly desired.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.