Research Engineer, Sr I
Job Description and Requirements
The Senior Research Engineer will work closely with our R&D team to develop innovative software products that help our customers become more secure compliant. The position is based out of our Calgary, Canada office, reporting to the Director of Research.
• Investigates the feasibility of applying data science principles using Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, and Machine Learning techniques for research investigations
- Initiates the design, development, and implementation of software development projects
- Maintains substantial knowledge of Computing Science principles and theories, and may contribute to scientific literature and conferences
- May participate in development of patent applications
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts with universities
Qualifications and Experience
• Requires a strong working experience in software development using Java and Python
- Requires a strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Requires a good understanding of relational databases: PostgreSQL
- Relevant experience in building and deploying software in clouds: AWS, GCP
- Demonstrates good data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software security and Spring framework is an advantage
- 5+ years of experience in above areas (exceptions can be made for deserving candidates)
Education and Certifications
• BSc or MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering from an accredited university
About the Synopsys Software Integrity Group
Synopsys Software Integrity Group helps organizations build secure, high-quality software, minimizing risks while maximizing speed and productivity. Synopsys, a recognized leader in application security, provides static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis solutions that enable teams to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities and defects in proprietary code, open source components, and application behavior. With a combination of industry-leading tools, services, and expertise, only Synopsys helps organizations maximize security and quality in DevSecOps and throughout the software development life cycle.
For more information, go to www.synopsys.com/software.
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and employment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
CANADA – Alberta – Calgary
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.