Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position within the Division of Cancer Genetics and Prevention in collaboration with faculty investigators and the research team is responsible for overseeing national/and or institutional projects related to cancer prevention, early identification of individuals at high risk for cancer, and biorepository collections. This position is also responsible for data collection and management, and overall project management of national and/or institutional multi-disease genetics databases. This position requires familiarity and experience managing multiple projects and will require the individual to work on an increasingly independent basis with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Lynch Syndrome center biorepository including the design, creation and implementation of protocols and procedures for annual automated family history updates and serial biospecimen collections, in compliance with required regulatory and institutional policies.
- Collaborates with disease-specific faculty investigators and other team members on data transfers, data cleaning, creating and analyzing large datasets and other data management issues for cancer prevention research.
- Works on clinical data abstraction and genetics database updates across several projects, including creation of data dictionaries.
- Maintains data collection, data management, and data quality on several large scale institutional and multi-disease genetics databases.
- Generates reports and de-identified datasets for internal and external collaborators.
- Responsible for the development of data presentation slides for meetings and conferences on supported projects.
- Consults with and advises programmers and project staff on data issues during project development and implementation.
- Determine patient eligibility, including data extraction from electronic medical records and may be responsible for recruitment, consenting and enrollment of study participants.
- Responsible for IRB submissions, correspondence, and regulatory binders, including administrative amendments.
- Designs processes for maintaining timely, complete and high quality data collection.
- May be responsible for scheduling research team meetings and conference calls, facilitating mailings, maintaining project timelines, and other project-related administrative tasks.
- May be responsible for specimen management, depending on assigned projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of cancer as a disease process.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of data management.
- Knowledge of REDCap preferred.
- Knowledge of Progeny preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May be required
PATIENT CONTACT: Will have contact with patients of all ages and populations.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Biostatistics or Epidemiology or related field.
- 5 plus years related experience in project management and/or clinical research.
- Must have the ability to function independently.
- Experience with database development, maintenance, data extraction and data analysis preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis software including SAS, Stata or R software preferred.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.