CGI Federal is seeking an experienced RF Engineer to join our team, developing high quality and cutting-edge software products for our federal government clients in the space industry. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team in Fairfax, VA, and grow your career with the 5th largest IT services provider in the world. In exchange for your committed efforts toward success, we're offering a competitive salary, a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As an RF Engineer, you will join our team and support our satellite navigation payload development. This payload generates the LEO navigation signal-in-space, and the RF engineer will contribute from signal generation to output at the antenna.
• Design and develop state-of-the-art satellite RF systems for a navigation satellite payload intended for LEO orbit.
• RF component selection, characterization, and design. This includes work with antennas.
• Develop test methods and metrics for validation of RF systems in meeting navigation and space flight requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelors or Master's in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience working in RF systems design and testing including fabrication and testing of RF circuits, amplifiers, filters, and antennas
• Expertise in at least one industry standard EM simulation tool (such as HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, COMSOL, etc.)
• Experience with RF subsystems, such as reference oscillators, frequency synthesizers, phase-lock loops, frequency multipliers, low noise amplifiers, etc.
• Proficiency in Altium (or Eagle) PCB design software
• Experience with software defined radios
• Experience with embedded hardware and software, microcontrollers, communication protocols, and real-time operating systems
- GeoEvent Processor
- Embedded Software Development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox atUS_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.